`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How was your national experience?

RE: How was your national experience?
we had a blast, but yes, it is for folks who have wayyyyyy more $$$ than me Wink

saw some cool stuff, but everyone was a little higher than BV imho so it was hard to get a great deal Sad

yeah everything was overpriced. I would have been a lot happier if the dealers were actually AT their booths
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(08-05-2013, 04:23 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: yeah everything was overpriced. I would have been a lot happier if the dealers were actually AT their booths
This just shows often they sell something.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

I had a blast, met pbean and sold a crap load of inventory so it worked out well. As far as buying I didn't do too much of that.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

At least you guys had experiences! I am a coach on my sons highschool football team and the nationals is right when the team gets into pads every year. Once he gets out of highschool we'll go, but that's a few years off.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

That is a sweet Pudge card. I have had similar experiences in terms of dealers not being at their tables at small shows too. I went to one a couple weeks ago and was going through some bargain boxes toward the end of the show and had gotten about 75 cards out and then had to wait for the dealer to come back so I could buy them. He was off on the other side of the room trying to make a deal to buy cards from another dealer. It was really frustrating as I wanted to go to another table to check what they had before the show closed, but I had to wait almost 10 minutes before the dealer came back. I would have left the stuff, but I had spent almost an hour going through all his boxes to find the cards I wanted and a lot of them were for sets.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-04-2013, 10:53 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: I had kind of a bad experience. I was only able to come today but I live an hour away so it was still worth it Tongue I'm about to go on a little rant.
So, I guess this is why I like ebay better. Sellers cannot see what you look like. I'm a pretty short guy (5'2") and apparently to the dealers, I don't look like I can afford a card more than $10. Some dealers were very nice and greeted everyone, like where I bought the tannehill that I will show at the end of this thread. MOST dealers however, did not say a word. Just as an experiment, I stood at a few high end booths for a few minutes each (I.E. Jordan auto's, high end griffin/luck/pujols/trout, etc.) and no one said a word to me. Then a big lookin' guy would start looking and 2 second later the dealer springs up from his seat, "HEY, WHAT CAN I DO FOR YA?" I walked away immediately. They won't get my business.
Another major problem, is that 95% of dealers didn't have their cards priced. That would be FINE if the dealers were actually there. I would ask for a price, and every single time, "the dealer went away to buy some stuff for a few minutes" Then I would return 10 minutes later, still not there. Very unorganized. I walked home with half of the money I planned to spend still left.
Sorry for the rant lol. Now onto the good stuff!
First, I bought two boxes because almost all of the cards were overpriced (forgot to mention that too).
Prizm baseball for $45. PC hit with rios. (sorry for the sideways pics)
[Image: 9718A39F-7037-4B3C-969D-0551760DCA9D-120...82d566.jpg]
Then, an inception for $80.
wilson, will be for trade
[Image: 5FC07AB1-2686-4761-AA85-0333EAA402DB-120...e31a48.jpg]
Hopkins, will be for trade
[Image: CB309694-864F-49E8-AD57-285AD0F3A9E7-120...b0d077.jpg]
Go badgers!!! (PC) not for trade.
[Image: FB048A62-EFC1-4AB0-A2FE-9093C2FF705E-120...0fba27.jpg]
Awesome box. Regretted the prizm though lol.
Now onto the pickups. Struggled to get this one. Came back three times to get a price because the dealer wasn't there, the other guy found another dealer that had his phone number. $50. PC
[Image: 106A2220-A5C3-4213-B43E-361DF1CCEDE8-120...224ffd.jpg]
Another PC item. Dealer was AWESOME!!!! Very nice guy. Greeted everyone. That's why he got my business. $50
[Image: 3F80DFB6-1026-435B-BC44-6876FFC75C7B-120...12ee2f.jpg]
This was the very first thing I got, but it's my favorite. I guess I like the $50 price, because every one of these cards were $50 lol. Another nice guy. PC
[Image: C0B916D1-912E-402F-BF53-77C545BD5D19-136...1a13ca.jpg]
Thanks for looking everyone! Only cards for trade are the hopkins and tyler wilson. Comments are appreciated and I want to hear about your nationals experience Big Grin
I second the notion that almost every booth was overpriced. Way over ebay prices on most items. This is odd because sellers do not have to pay ebay or paypal fees or worry about disputes on items later on. Aside from that, I picked up some nice RG3 cards and ripped like 12 boxes ha. I never open boxes but since all the singles were so overpriced I just went on a spree. It was a blast in reality.

Great snags!! Wish i could have went!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10