`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOLEN!!! Massive Collection of BAP/ITG cards and player specific HOCKEY COLLECTION

STOLEN!!! Massive Collection of BAP/ITG cards and player specific HOCKEY COLLECTION
Well, how do I begin and what am I allowed to say...First off, Sorry you do not know me but I follow sporadically as a guest and know many of you. Right now I feel like ten years has been taken off my life. I am so sick, I can't seem to function, I have chest pains, and my hands have been shaking on and off for days. I spent over 100,000 dollars on building my collection of choice cards and value it as priceless since I never intended to sell it, rather leave it as my legacy for my children before having them... Today, they are are 4 years old, 19 months old, and one on the way.

Last Sunday, I called my friend who I have not seen in nearly six months and he told me I had a break-in in his garage. All of my Hockey collection is gone.. I called police immediately and I officially filed a police report with Police Tuesday night. Police called and met with my friend. After a while he changed his story several times. It turns out he sold my collection.

I collect rare inserts and autos from the Early BAP and ITG brands mostly. I also collect rare inserts of Brodeur, Parise, Stevens, Kovalchuk, Brett Hull, NJ Devils, Dustin Brown, Vanek, Gretzky, Lemieux, Roy, 500 goal scorers, Rare Crosby and Oveckin rookie cards, Star Rookies and many others.

So, in looking for my cards, I searched ebay. Using key word searches I was shocked to find my cards being sold in one sellers listings from a local card dealer who I knew of for roughly two years but never met because of his predatory and manipulative actions towards my friend. This dealer also happens to be "friends" of my now ex- friend for about 2 years. This dealer who allegedly bought my collection previously viewed it a couple times in my friends garage when he came over on the weekends and mowed the lawn. The lawn mower not even two feet away from my stockpiles of my card and memorabilia collections. I do not want to get too specific right now because there is an ongoing investigation and I do not want to interfere with it. I will give names, locations, and details that matter privately if you think you could help. I will keep you all up to date. Thank You for your time.

RE: STOLEN!!! Massive Collection of BAP/ITG cards and player specific HOCKEY COLLECTION
That stinks, dude. I hope it all works out for you.

RE: STOLEN!!! Massive Collection of BAP/ITG cards and player specific HOCKEY COLLECTION
This really sucks. The main question I have is who keeps there 100k+ Card collection in a friends garage next to his lawn mower. Honestly I'm surprised it wasn't stolen a lot sooner.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

Yes that's why I just bought a safe to house my top end cards. Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you find them!

hard to believe you left your cards in your friends garage.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

In the garage of a friend who has not bee spoken to for six months...

The Beckett Community will be sympathetic to you, and, unfortunately, there will also be some who are empathetic of the situation. The one thing that I am going to have to say is that I cannot allow for you ta start asking for free cards that people "can spare to give away." We have all fallen for the gimmick a couple of times, and there have been way too many others that made the attempt to abuse the extreme generosity that the Beckett Community puts forth. We do not know you, nor your situation.

With that said, I hope that you can recover some of your losses, if not all of them. Contacting the police was the right thing to do, and make sure that you give them the details of ALL of the cards you find on eBay. If they can link the sales to the one store, and you can prove that you had the collection before him, then I think that you will be able to recover. Best wishes to you, and I would love to hear of this situation resolved in a good manner.

Randi

(08-05-2013, 10:42 AM)anavrin78 Wrote: This really sucks. The main question I have is who keeps there 100k+ Card collection in a friends garage next to his lawn mower. Honestly I'm surprised it wasn't stolen a lot sooner.

You have a 100,000 dollar collection that you keep in a friends garage and have no insurance on it?

sounds like potential for disaster their.

Even though hope you get some of it back.

If a "friend" of mine did this to me-- I would be in jail and he would be in traction for 30 years.

yeah im calling BS on all of this

If you do not leave a knife out you won't be cut by said knife......

not to sound insensitive, but why would someone give their cards to a person to hold on to for them? there's not a person in the world I trust enough with my collection. I can't imagine a situation where I would give my cards to a friend to hold, instead of having them insured, sitting in a small storage unit. Even if there was insurance on them, I'm not sure they would cover it from "being sold by a supposed-friend". Moreover, unless the garage was insulated and climate controlled, I wouldn't want any of my cards exposed to the kind of temp. changes and humidity that's typical in most garages, especially near a lawnmower and, likely, the gas that would go in the lawnmower... there's not a lot about this that makes a whole lot of sense
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)