`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBAY SELLER INTEGRITY +/-

EBAY SELLER INTEGRITY +/-
Had two transactions this month that varied on the Ebay spectrum scale.

In first instance, the card was definitely altered upon receiving the card but I was unable to tell via the scan when purchasing. The card was a hassle to return (numerous messages back and forth and a trip to the P.O.) and the buyer would only refund the cost of the card and not the returned shipping. I was glad that I was able to get the majority of the cost refunded but disappointed in the Ebay seller's business ethics.

In the second instance, I received a card that wasn't nearly in the same condition as the scan had shown. However, the seller promptly refunded me and even said to keep the card.

It just seems that there is a prevalent lack of care and integrity now more than ever when buying online. Issues had rarely occurred over the years when buying on Ebay but it has seemingly been on the rise in recent months-years. On the other hand, its good to know that some Ebay sellers are willing to fix the problem to the best of their ability.
[Image: mantle_banner_softglow_zps37b4eec9.gif]

RE: EBAY SELLER INTEGRITY +/-
this is why prices are lower on ebay than they are at brick and mortar stores and why ebay value is only a small part of market value

Unfortunately the only way to know what you're getting is to buy from sellers with tons of feedback with at least 99.5% positive it seems like.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(08-02-2013, 07:58 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: this is why prices are lower on ebay than they are at brick and mortar stores and why ebay value is only a small part of market value
True.

Always, always look at the description for returns and what you would be responsible for. Most folks will work it out, but just in case.....

Also, to he** with ebay and thier buyer protection policy.....you get ripped off, contact the seller and let them know you are going to the cops reporting mail fraud. May take a little bit of your time up but so what......con/rip-off artists feed on folks not following up hard and more people need to do it.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

As a seller on the bay, and having worked in a department store chain known for their customer service for 13 years, I believe in seller integrity. But, buyers should also be courteous and work with sellers. I believe you handled it properly by trying to work with the seller.

There have been instances where one of my buyers just left unsatisfactory feedback because of receiving a damaged card. It wasn't even my fault that the post office decided to take a package and bend it in half (it was a printing plate, and I always put my items in a top loader with a thick decoy card to make it extra rigid). But without even notifying me of the situation, they just decided to leave a neutral feedback. Upon seeing that, I immediately refunded the buyer, notified them that they should have at least tried to message me, and then blocked them from ever bidding on my items again.

I wouldn't get too down on all sellers...there are some good ones out there.

(08-02-2013, 01:29 PM)kstjst Wrote: As a seller on the bay, and having worked in a department store chain known for their customer service for 13 years, I believe in seller integrity. But, buyers should also be courteous and work with sellers. I believe you handled it properly by trying to work with the seller.

There have been instances where one of my buyers just left unsatisfactory feedback because of receiving a damaged card. It wasn't even my fault that the post office decided to take a package and bend it in half (it was a printing plate, and I always put my items in a top loader with a thick decoy card to make it extra rigid). But without even notifying me of the situation, they just decided to leave a neutral feedback. Upon seeing that, I immediately refunded the buyer, notified them that they should have at least tried to message me, and then blocked them from ever bidding on my items again.

I wouldn't get too down on all sellers...there are some good ones out there.
Good discussion going in this thread. Yeah, I agree. I have sold on ebay as well so I understand both aspects of being a buyer and seller which why I always try to handle the issue before ever considering leaving negative feedback (have never left a negative feedback for anyone). Most sellers are willing to work with refunding but some are tougher to work with than others.

(08-02-2013, 01:29 PM)kstjst Wrote: I wouldn't get too down on all sellers...there are some good ones out there.
I would say that 99.9% I have bought from are good with absolutly no problems other than slow shipping sometimes. I do always look and read the description multiple times and will inquire if I have any questions whatsoever. Nobody can expect the PO to treat our cards with baby care 100% of the time....just pack and ship them as secure as possible. When I do sell (very infrequent), I ship as I want to receive. Other than that, just use caution and stick with folks who have great feedback.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-02-2013, 08:03 AM)cross4444 Wrote: Unfortunately the only way to know what you're getting is to buy from sellers with tons of feedback with at least 99.5% positive it seems like.
I check what the negative feedback says before I make this determination because some buyers abuse the system merely because they can. I'm perfectly fine buying from someone who has 99% positive feedback when they've sold 100 items over the past year and received a negative that says "didn't give me free shipping" or "took 5 days to get from when I paid" or "should've given me bonus cards for free" (all actual negatives I've seen).