`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa... Missed Trout, caught a Thome?

Whoa... Missed Trout, caught a Thome?
Posted earlier about one of those random boxes of packs from Target... Sitting here, entering the cards into ORG and think I may have hit paydirt?

Can anyone please confirm that this is the 2012 topps update 7b jim thome orioles SP with a BV of $150? WTF!??? Looked on other websites but couldn't find any picks... even on Ebay.

[Image: 8A76016A-DE4A-41B6-A7B1-EA3F44DB8085-226...6CAE78.jpg]

[Image: 94B1F5B2-0F78-4A44-8FB1-DAE34CF1F1A3-226...32F5A3.jpg]

I'm looking in OPG and there is no 7a Jim Thome... and he is in Orioles uniform...
If it is... SWEET!!! almost threw this in with the commons/semi-stars pile and would have given it away to one of my students.

Please confirm!

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Whoa... Missed Trout, caught a Thome?
My research shows that as the sp, I usually look at cardboardconnection for pics of SP's but they don't have the thome pic but everywhere else that is the big money thome

You have convinced me to go through my 2012 updates again!
I went back through my heritage recently and found a color variant sitting in with the commons, pretty shocked at that one

NICE!!! I haven't found pics anywhere. I almost crapped myself when entering it into ORG!!!!

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

Yep, you hit a pretty big one.

They also did SP updates for the Dodgers guys — Beckett, Crawford and Gonzalez — they picked up late that year.

Nicely done!

(08-01-2013, 07:04 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, you hit a pretty big one.

They also did SP updates for the Dodgers guys — Beckett, Crawford and Gonzalez — they picked up late that year.

Nicely done!
Thanks!

I saw the last Thome fetched $100 on the bay and an A-gone went for $200... Must be a SSSSSSSSSP

Sweet! I woulda never thought to check the Thome as a SP!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

I'll never understand SPs lol, I just don't lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(08-01-2013, 07:30 PM)demondukk Wrote: Sweet! I woulda never thought to check the Thome as a SP!
95% of the time this would have been thrown into the common pile. For whatever reason today I decided to be thorough. Thankful I was.

I actually really like them ... I've pulled the Harper "sunglasses" SP out of some packs from Target and traded for 2 of the 3 Trout SPs from 2013 Topps with a couple of other members here ... they're fun PC adds.