`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trash in org

Trash in org
Lets say you have 5 of one card you mark 5 have and 4 to trade. Lets say some one wants one of them so you trade them one of the cards.

Now when I complete a trade I go threw the recently traded and send all cards that I traded of to the trash.
But even though I have 4 cards left it deletes the entire card from my org.
Anything I can do ? Or is that just the way it is?

RE: Trash in org
Yeah, this is a little tough to get used to and figure out, especially if you don't have tags visible. My best recommendation is turn on tags as a reminder. But basically every occurrence of a card in your ORG is the same database entry by default. You have to take extra steps to make a duplicate entry. I'm not recommending that.

What I recommend is turning on tags so you see you're card, let's say you have 5x 1992 Topps #156 Manny Ramirez, in a collection called "90's Rookies" and now you trade one away, the Recently Traded tag will be added to it. Then since you have multiple and it was just a matter of one got traded away, you simply click the X next to the "Recently Traded" tag and it will no longer be in that collection but will remain, with a new quantity of 4 in your "90's Rookies" collection.

Hope that helps, I can explain in more detail if you want with more examples of how I manage my ORG. Feel free to send me a PM.
Oh and the trash is literally the trash, if you empty the trash it will be removed from your ORG regardless of the quantities, comments, etc filled in.

(07-30-2013, 09:56 PM)aktlingit Wrote: Yeah, this is a little tough to get used to and figure out, especially if you don't have tags visible. My best recommendation is turn on tags as a reminder. But basically every occurrence of a card in your ORG is the same database entry by default. You have to take extra steps to make a duplicate entry. I'm not recommending that.

What I recommend is turning on tags so you see you're card, let's say you have 5x 1992 Topps #156 Manny Ramirez, in a collection called "90's Rookies" and now you trade one away, the Recently Traded tag will be added to it. Then since you have multiple and it was just a matter of one got traded away, you simply click the X next to the "Recently Traded" tag and it will no longer be in that collection but will remain, with a new quantity of 4 in your "90's Rookies" collection.

Hope that helps, I can explain in more detail if you want with more examples of how I manage my ORG. Feel free to send me a PM.
Oh and the trash is literally the trash, if you empty the trash it will be removed from your ORG regardless of the quantities, comments, etc filled in.
I agree whith what he said. For me I do make an extra card for example if it a PC item only one goes into my PC and the other 3 will go into a collection for 3 but for one line only. That way less chance of deleting a PC card
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Once it is in trash you can then go and put it back in the folder you want.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

+1 on the tags, I use tags so should you