`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridiculous prices

RE: Ridiculous prices
(07-21-2013, 10:00 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: The Strasburg Super went for what what $17 or 18 k ?. I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to get $10 K for it right now max. More realistically around $6 or 7 K.
Insane!
Hopefully, some filthy rich guy bought it, and it made some college student or new parent who sold it very, very happy! .... but if it was the other way around, ithat would truly be sad!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-22-2013, 07:49 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Insane!
Hopefully, some filthy rich guy bought it, and it made some college student or new parent who sold it very, very happy! .... but if it was the other way around, ithat would truly be sad!
It sold twice I believe. First time went for $18k, then he sold it a month or so later for $25k.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(07-22-2013, 08:32 AM)benner73 Wrote: It sold twice I believe. First time went for $18k, then he sold it a month or so later for $25k.
Nice profit Smile
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

Here is the story of the craziest Superfractor pulled

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/steph...tor-raffle

(07-22-2013, 09:31 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Here is the story of the craziest Superfractor pulled

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/steph...tor-raffle
Some people have more money than they have sense.

.....I don't like prospect hunting myself. I would rather have a more solid investment in return for 100.00 box of cards. I would rather buy a 82 traded cal ripkens rookie graded psa 8
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(07-22-2013, 09:41 AM)SGC300ier Wrote: Some people have more money than they have sense.
or, if you are a fan of wordplay: more cents than sense :p

(07-21-2013, 10:00 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: The Strasburg Super went for what what $17 or 18 k ?. I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to get $10 K for it right now max. More realistically around $6 or 7 K.
See that doesnt make any sense at all to me. He hasnt been playing that long at all and ya hes a good player but it seems like the majority of card companies make multiple variations of refractors and superfractors. You could get a very nice 52 topps mantle for half that price....crazy!

some people are only driven by spending their money on what might be "the next big thing" and the hype and excitement of chasing the next would be superstar. heck some people only just want the best of the best - why do people buy expensive sports cars and other needless things? on whatever level its what they enjoy and what they want to spend their money on.

do I think its insane to pay 10k (heck even 1k) for a prospect player with no or minimal major league time? sure! because that is not for me, doesn't mean I'll knock others who do. people will spend money on what they like. if they like it? cool -- not my money

I'd rather buy vintage if I were spending that sorta money - although if I were addicted to the rush and current excitement and thrill of what drives a lot of prospects - can't say buying vintage would satisfy that itch. - but for me? yep!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

In all honesty though, if you pay $18k for a sports card of a rookie, even if he goes onto great things, do you really think someone else would come along and spend more than that to get that card? As we all see even the hottest cards on the market cool off after "x" amount of years.