`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i have half a mind to tell brian gray...

i have half a mind to tell brian gray...
i think that 2013 leaf retro rookies is so overpriced...yes, i did pull a 2012 bowman chrome bryce harper auto bgs 9.5, but i've busted about 4 cases and the only other card that i've even been able to sell for the pack price has been a 2012 topps chrome RG3 auto 1957 refractor bgs 9.5...made a whopping $340 on that sale...other than that, it's been a whole lot of $50-$75 cards...not a good bust at all. which, i'm surprised, because with 5 packs in a case, or $1,500/case, you would think that Brian Gray would be able to at least put in one pack that you could feel good about getting and would be able to at least make back the $300/pack price tag.

nope...other than the harper and the RG3, i've gotten the following:
1994 SP ARod BGS 9
1990 leaf Frank Thomas PSA 10
2010 Bowman Chrome Stalin Castro Refractor Auto BGS 9.5
1996-97 Topps Finest Bronze Kobe Bryant BGS 9.5
1960 Topps Willie McCovey All-Star PSA 6
1968 Topps Johnny Bench Rookie BVG 5
2005-06 Upper Deck Alexander Ovechkin Young Guns BGS 9.5
1965 Topps Steve Carlton BVG 7.5
2000 Topps Chrome Traded Miguel Cabrera BGS 9.5 (okay, i'll give you that one...)
2011 Bowman Chrome Dylan Bundy Auto BGS 9.5
2011-12 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Ryan Nugent Hopkins Auto BGS 9
1996-97 Topps Finest Allen Iverson Auto PSA/DNA
2009-10 National Treasures James Harden Jersey Auto #/49 BGS verified
1975 Topps Robin Yount PSA 8

HORRIBLE!

and the funny thing is, Brian Gray purchased...or should I say, RE-purchased the 2012 Topps Finest RG3, from me...I have half a mind to tell him, after he pays, "sorry, not sending your item out...consider it a rebate for the crappy items you stocked in your over priced product." i'll send it out, of course. and in all honesty, i do love pulling older items, just wished they were graded much higher...and like i said, i wished that at least one of the packs in a case would yield a decent (at least to make back your pack price) hit.

But all kidding aside, I had high hopes for this product because his previous years had some killer items in them...but this, this has left me really thinking about not trying any more of Leaf's items until they consider bringing their suggested retail prices down, or at least stop trying to say that their product is so much more superior to other companies!

RE: i have half a mind to tell brian gray...
Those types of products just never appealed to me in any way, shape, or form. Between Leaf, Heroes of Sport, and that other one that I think is called Prospect Rush, these are the epitome of the "go out and buy the card you want instead of busting" product.

Sure, you COULD get that big hit, but there is going to be a lot more in there that, while not junk by any means, falls far short of what you could have paid for that card by itself.

While busting any product is going to be a hit or miss, these types of products are essentially aimed at, in my opinion, the gambling junkies of the hobby. That, and with so many people that I've seen complain about needing innovation and whatnot in the hobby, this is far from it. It's just buying up cards another company made and putting "(insert company name)" on the new box.

Part of me views these as on par, or just slightly above, hot packs sold on ebay.

RE: i have half a mind to tell brian gray...
(07-16-2013, 01:59 AM)kstjst Wrote: this has left me really thinking about not trying any more of Leaf's items until they consider bringing their suggested retail prices down, or at least stop trying to say that their product is so much more superior to other companies!
Try to think about & understand that card companies don't put products out so a seller can make their money back from their purchase...They only think about making money off of you!!!

Also....If you've ever done the math on how they seed their products it clearly reflects that making your money back off of their product is slim to none anyway...

Hope that helps with your future purchases Wink
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards