`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Does the Jake LaMotta auto look real?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Looks good to me!
62.50%
5 62.50%
Forged .. My son can do better!
25.00%
2 25.00%
Don't really know/care either way!
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random pick Up

Random pick Up
I don't have a LCS, but I do have a local comic shop and this place puts out little $1 grab bags. Every so often I'll pick up a few just to get myself a card fix. Usually nothing too exciting, randomly picking up an auto here and a relic there. Today I feel I did the best ever. Bought 5 packs ... got a bunch of filler cards, some crappy late 80's early 90's .... and i also got the following.
[Image: null_zps21867c1b.jpg]
1997 Stadium Club Jeter
2006 Topps Upperclassmen of '01 relic Drew Brees
1952 Bowman Don Colloway
2006 Bowman Chrome auto Cory Rasmus /225
2008 donruss elite Auto Hector Gomez /100
And .... A signed card by Jake LaMotta!

All the cards with the exception of the LaMotta are certified by Topps/Bowman
The LaMotta auto isn't certified or verified, but looks real as compared to other autos online. I'm gonna bring it to an autograph guy tomorrow and see what he says.
What do you think?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Random pick Up
Here are some the other cards I picked up today
[Image: null_zpsed7c87c4.jpg]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for sharing, nice little haul! LaMotta looks real to me....good luck with it.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-18-2013, 06:42 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Thanks for sharing, nice little haul! LaMotta looks real to me....good luck with it.
Thanks!
Yeah, I started looking at eBay pics that said they were certified autos and it looked close to most of them. There was a jake LaMotta signed check on auction ... Looked close enough considering one is a blue sharpie the other a blue ballpoint. Over the years everyone's signature changes a little, so it's tough for every one to be identical!