`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can BGS re grade PSA and BCCG cards

Can BGS re grade PSA and BCCG cards
I have a Yadier Molina 2004 topps chrome Gold refractor graded by BCCG mint, and I have a 2004 Donruss World series serial number to 25 PSA gem mint. I know I want to send in the Topps Chrome, but I don't know if it would be worth sending in the PSA since its already graded gem mint 10. Thanks, Ethan
[Image: RrDSQvU.png]

RE: Can BGS re grade PSA and BCCG cards
I wouldn't generally recommend doing anything with BCCG

I would completely ignore the grade on it and purely inspect and detail over the card yourself to determine if its worth regrading but in general I feel the only cards graded by them a majority of the time are graded because of the slack and loose grading standards and to give the illustration that a card is in nicer condition it was because it would not hold up to the scrutiny of an actual BGS grading/PSA grading

IE: I know this card wouldn't be gem mint by other standards but since this is so slack i can still sell it as "gem mint"
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I think he's asking about converting the BCCG over to BGS, not doing something through BCCG...

On both you can request a minimum grade, and if they don't meet that, Beckett won't crack the existing case. That's the way to go.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

I'm thinking about going from a BGS 9.5 to PSA trying to get a 10. I probably won't, because it's for my PC, but I know if it came back a 10 from PSA I could snag about $800 extra bucks for it.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(07-16-2013, 11:59 AM)westhoustonvw Wrote: I think he's asking about converting the BCCG over to BGS, not doing something through BCCG...

On both you can request a minimum grade, and if they don't meet that, Beckett won't crack the existing case. That's the way to go.
I know what he meant I was referring as to why I would not trust anything on a BCCG label to affect my decision for whether the card is worth grading via BGS/PSA

edit: so to say even if it was a BCCG 10 for example... I wouldn't use that as a reference to think it would grade out as gem mint other places. not to say it wouldn't but I personally would treat the card as if it were a raw card and do my own evaluation of it to see if i thought it was worth sending in and just judge it case by case - because just the label grade from BCCG really means nothing
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(07-16-2013, 12:03 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I'm thinking about going from a BGS 9.5 to PSA trying to get a 10. I probably won't, because it's for my PC, but I know if it came back a 10 from PSA I could snag about $800 extra bucks for it.
Huh? Personally (and I think most other people) consider a BGS 9.5 pretty much the exact same thing as a PSA 10. I would pay the same amount for either.

(07-16-2013, 04:32 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Huh? Personally (and I think most other people) consider a BGS 9.5 pretty much the exact same thing as a PSA 10. I would pay the same amount for either.
That's what I thought too until I saw the exact same card PSA 10 sell for $1200 recently. I was shocked!
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(07-16-2013, 12:23 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I know what he meant I was referring as to why I would not trust anything on a BCCG label to affect my decision for whether the card is worth grading via BGS/PSA

edit: so to say even if it was a BCCG 10 for example... I wouldn't use that as a reference to think it would grade out as gem mint other places. not to say it wouldn't but I personally would treat the card as if it were a raw card and do my own evaluation of it to see if i thought it was worth sending in and just judge it case by case - because just the label grade from BCCG really means nothing
If you knew what he meant, u defintely werent clear when you said you wouldnt do anything with BCCG. I assume he understands the BCCG 10 indicates a range of 8.5 all the way to a 10.

He was asking if BGS will cross grade, and the clear answer is above.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

(07-16-2013, 11:59 AM)westhoustonvw Wrote: I think he's asking about converting the BCCG over to BGS, not doing something through BCCG...

Awesome advice, I didn't know u could do that. Thanks, Ethan

[Image: RrDSQvU.png]