`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
stupid usps...stupid tracking

stupid usps...stupid tracking
here's another rant about the ebay and usps...sold an item at the beginning of june. buyer paid for item, used click and ship, sent item to the post office on june 4th. figured everything is all okay.

fast forward to july 15th...

case opened against me on ebay. because the buyer claims that they never received item. went back to the item, checked the tracking...yup...usps had it stalled on the infamous "in transit" mode.

if it's not escalating fees on ebay and on paypal, it's rising costs of shipping an item that apparently either never reaches it's destination with no reason at all, or no update on the tracking information, which makes it easy for a unscrupulous buyer to take advantage of the situation by telling ebay that they never received it.

i'm normally a pretty trusting guy, but for the buyer not to say anything or send me any messages for a month and 11 days, well, i'm sure we've all had those experiences.

but for $17, i'm not about to fight anymore...refunded the buyer and then blocked him from any further purchases.

RE: stupid usps...stupid tracking
The really sad part is this ... think about it ...

Every bill you've ever paid, every birthday card you've ever sent, every graduation announcement, etc. ... they ALWAYS get there, without fail.

With one postage stamp.

However, when you go out of your way to pay extra for "first class" ... with a "tracking number" ...

Now, to be fair, it amazes me that they have the success rate they do given how many millions of pieces of mail they handle ...

But still, I hear you.

Everyone should rise up and start a revolution. Lets all start our own online selling sites and start hand delivering everything! That way we don't have to worry about this type of things!

Viva La Revolucion!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

He was entitled to his money back but definitely agree he should have contacted you first, just out of common courtesy.

(07-16-2013, 01:15 AM)kstjst Wrote: here's another rant about the ebay and usps...sold an item at the beginning of june. buyer paid for item, used click and ship, sent item to the post office on june 4th. figured everything is all okay.

case opened against me on ebay. because the buyer claims that they never received item. went back to the item, checked the tracking...yup...usps had it stalled on the infamous "in transit" mode.

if it's not escalating fees on ebay and on paypal, it's rising costs of shipping an item that apparently either never reaches it's destination with no reason at all, or no update on the tracking information, which makes it easy for a unscrupulous buyer to take advantage of the situation by telling ebay that they never received it.

i'm normally a pretty trusting guy, but for the buyer not to say anything or send me any messages for a month and 11 days, well, i'm sure we've all had those experiences.

but for $17, i'm not about to fight anymore...refunded the buyer and then blocked him from any further purchases.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

I hear ya. I cringe everytime I mail something and see it in that mode. Usually I email the other person to see if it has arrived and more likely than not, it has. Happened with me a few weeks ago when I mailed a book to a buyer *priority* and was supposed to be delivered in 2 days. It stayed in *in transit* from their local p.o. 4 days after it was supposed to arrive, I emailed the buyer, and yep, it had arrived even though it was never updated as being delivered. UGH!

@Branesergen, it's "revolution"
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Ive had a package sitting in the original PO ......tracking number says its been sitting in the PO for over a year and the PO wont do anything about it!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(07-16-2013, 01:15 AM)kstjst Wrote: here's another rant about the ebay and usps...sold an item at the beginning of june. buyer paid for item, used click and ship, sent item to the post office on june 4th. figured everything is all okay.

Hang in there man it is very tough to sell on ebay with the fees and paypal fees. Is there a place to offer cards for sale on this site and use paypal gift for payment?

(07-16-2013, 12:03 PM)nol84kc Wrote: Hang in there man it is very tough to sell on ebay with the fees and paypal fees. Is there a place to offer cards for sale on this site and use paypal gift for payment?
No, because that's against PayPal rules.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(07-16-2013, 09:52 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I hear ya. I cringe everytime I mail something and see it in that mode. Usually I email the other person to see if it has arrived and more likely than not, it has. Happened with me a few weeks ago when I mailed a book to a buyer *priority* and was supposed to be delivered in 2 days. It stayed in *in transit* from their local p.o. 4 days after it was supposed to arrive, I emailed the buyer, and yep, it had arrived even though it was never updated as being delivered. UGH!

@Branesergen, it's "revolution"
Not in the form I used it in Tongue
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC