`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worlds greatest card chase break

worlds greatest card chase break
I just recieved one of the worlds greatest card chase boxes in the mail and busted it. Low and behold right out the gate I pulled a graded 1969 topps mickey mantle #500 grade 4. There are 2 of these cards in the database and both say *no topps copyright on back*. I may just be dumb here but can somebody help me determine which one it is?
[Image: 20130718_152110_zps6597d74b.jpg]

[Image: 20130718_154425_zps8d7317ff.jpg]

I will be busting this slab and sending it to psa when I send a few others

RE: worlds greatest card chase break
Congrats buddy! Even raw that's a find!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

wowzers i want it lol

and the white is Yankees in white, you have the yellow Yankees

but serious check me i would trade in your favor for it

Don't get me wrong, they have their place in the market (low end encasing because you just want a card slabbed), but somebody sent a vintage Mantle to GMA???????????????????????? Now I've used GMA, but to encase and slab very low end cards my 9yr old picked out, or the cards you get in those photo packages of him in his hockey, lacrosse, or baseball gear.

Anyway not trying to be a downer (because a vintage Mick no matter raw or graded is never a downer) just thought it was shocking to see it graded by a second tier company.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(07-19-2013, 12:02 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, they have their place in the market (low end encasing because you just want a card slabbed), but somebody sent a vintage Mantle to GMA???????????????????????? Now I've used GMA, but to encase and slab very low end cards my 9yr old picked out, or the cards you get in those photo packages of him in his hockey, lacrosse, or baseball gear.

Anyway not trying to be a downer (because a vintage Mick no matter raw or graded is never a downer) just thought it was shocking to see it graded by a second tier company.
Trust me, when I firat pulled it out I was stoked then suddenly bummed to see it graded by GMA. But its not that huge of a deal becausw im just gonna bust it out of that slab and send it to PSA. (I have cards I need to get to them anyways)

GMA doesn't sell well, but they're fair with their grading. Unlike some companies who bump up grades to get more submissions.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(07-18-2013, 04:31 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: wowzers i want it lol
and the white is Yankees in white, you have the yellow Yankees
Actually, it's Mantle's name.
There's a white and yellow version, white being more valuable.

Great pull! Really excited for you, but even more excited to find out that the "Worlds Greatest Chase" isn't total BS! Smile
I'd trade you, too. PM me if interested and what you'd be looking for in return!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.