`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent PC vintage pick ups

RE: Recent PC vintage pick ups
(07-07-2013, 09:24 PM)paulkellyjr Wrote: Beautiful group you have there.
Thanks.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Nice pickups! I love those Murrays!
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

I have most of the 75 mini set, in case you are interested in trading for them. Most of them came in packs I opened back in 1978. Pretty cool stuff...just let me know.

RE: Resent PC vintage pick ups
(07-05-2013, 06:04 PM)rentzington Wrote: the one thing that kills me about cards from this era is the centering, the ozzie on the left is centered a lot better than the one on the right...how can printing have been so inconsistent??
I work closely with a printing department and have another comment: With today's technology, there is no excuse for imperfect centering. You get exactly what you want better than 99% of the time in testing. Give it some tweaking, and hit 1,000+ in a row with absolute perfection is not unheard of. Why do some cards still come to us off-center? Maybe card companies just cannot afford the printing set-up as the small college. Granted, these machines run hundreds of thousand of dollars, but all we need to print are some manuals, flyers, and business cards. Baseball cards don't even have to folded, bound, etc., so they could turn that feature down if they wanted to. In the 1970s, this was not possible. In 2013, it is expected everywhere except from card companies for some reason. If everything came off perfect every time, what would that do to card values and grading?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.