`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Which ones do you like or own?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Number 1-Topps Chrome RC
27.03%
10 27.03%
Number 2-Prizm Auto /25
10.81%
4 10.81%
Number 3-BRYANT booklet
5.41%
2 5.41%
Number 4-E-X Rookie
27.03%
10 27.03%
NUmber 5- SPX Base
8.11%
3 8.11%
NUmber 6- Thats Jam
5.41%
2 5.41%
Number 7-Topps YouthQuake
2.70%
1 2.70%
Number 8-Limited Home/Away
2.70%
1 2.70%
Number 9-Finest Gold
5.41%
2 5.41%
Number 10-1997 SPX Base
5.41%
2 5.41%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 10 favorite Kobe cards

RE: People here seem to be fighting with each other
Awesome stuff! My personal favorites (just going with rookie year as that's mainly what I collect minus other inserts I like) that you listed are the Ex2000, Finest Gold and then the Chrome.. Can't go wrong with any though!

(06-26-2013, 05:06 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Lol a nice change of pace! I try to avoid the arguing no matter what my opinion is. It's just to easy to get sucked in lol. I wonder if I'm the only one that will vote for the Booklet. Smile Nice thread!
Yeah, I come to the boards to relax and what not. I understand what the fighting about but I am just not that guy. Definitely a change of pace sir.

I love the booklet. Someone had pulled the Shaq when preferred came out and I looked to see if the was a Kobe one. It was only natural, I just had to get it. I would like to land the prime one at some point but there are four or five other cards that I want before that so it may never happen. Thank you for looking...I didn't want to blow up anyone's spot or reveal how I got the card but now that I look at the list I think the Home/Away is too far down on the list..
(06-26-2013, 05:28 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: It's a toss up of the Topps chrome and e-x 2000. Both of them are classics IMO. I might have to go with the chrome because I love refractors (even if this one isn't lol). It's an addiction. Great cards either way so you can't go wrong.
The Chrome had to be #1, period. There are less true Kobe Rookies to choose from than there are Kobe autos from 2012-13 alone. I love the Prizm auto, but even pulling it on Christmas couldn't take the place of the Chrome RC. Thank you for Looking!!
(06-26-2013, 05:43 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: Awesome stuff! My personal favorites (just going with rookie year as that's mainly what I collect minus other inserts I like) that you listed are the Ex2000, Finest Gold and then the Chrome.. Can't go wrong with any though!
The EX2000 is a beautiful card in person. The Chrome is just Iconic. I had to go with the Chrome RC as #1. THank you for looking!!
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

The Chrome is certainly iconic, I just like the Ex2000 better lol.. Those are a toughhhhhhh grade too.. I've still yet to score higher then an 8 Undecided.. Another of my favorites not on your list is the SP Holoview, finally scored one myself recently.

The holoview is on my want list for sure. I haven't gotten around to finding one at a decent price.

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

#1-10 is that Chrome for me. I'm still looking for the right one at the right price. I do love your story behind the prizm though. I have a similar story behind my scoring kings MJ and my second year MJ. Both came from rips with my girl. For a minute there I was making sure I was reading the right boards. Here's to the always good "juju" we have over here.

The full story with the priZm is my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I went back and forth because I knew she was getting me some singles too. This was right around when priZm went from $100 or so a box to $130 a box so I wasn't sure if I wanted two boxes of prizm or a gift card for future wax. She made a deal with my LCS guy without me knowing to freeze the price of the prizms at 99 per box. I ended up going with the priZm because I liked the product. At that point I had broken six boxes and hit four golds so I was thinking if I hit a gold I would at least be looking ok. Instead I hit the kobe priZm /25 auto. It made my Christmas.

Great story man. It's an awesome card for any pull but that's a great backstory for that card.

96-97 was a fabulous year for base sets. spx, ex2000, finest, skybox, all of them looked good. Ex2000 and '97 spx are easily two of my five favorite base sets ever produced. I would love to have both of those Kobes...and I don't even collect Kobe!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Its a toss up between the ex and chrome rc. I love the design of the ex but the chrome is cool cause its just that chrome-ish. Distant third is the finest but I already own that one actually I've owned it twice.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

The Jam card is BEAUTIFUL. It is one of my favorite cards out there and I hope to get one soon Smile
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United