`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Box Break Ever

First Box Break Ever
I normally settle for Blasters at Wally World or Tarjhay however I stopped in at my LCS to see if he'd cut me a deal on some hobby boxes and misc. supplies. We compete on e-bay but he knows I'm no threat, if anything, I throw business his way. In any case, the itch finally got to me and he recommended Panini's Rookie Anthology so I bought two boxes. I'm currently unemployed and in the middle of a really nasty divorce so it was a hard number to swallow when everything was totaled up. After everyone went to bed tonight, I decided to open a few packs. My first pack looked like this:

Eric Staal
James Reimer
Dustin Brown
James Van Riemsdyk
Vezina Contenders featuring Corey Crawford

It also contained this:
A Mario Lemieux card with a unique jersey piece and a signature directly on the card.

All totaled, I received:
4 signed cards with game-used jersey material.
--Lemieux 6/10
-- Chay Genoway (77/99)
--Akim Aliu (2/499)
--JT Brown (469/499)

5 cards with game-used jersey swatches:
--Sean Couturier
--Derek Roy
--Justin Williams (Crown Royale designation)
--Shane Doan (same designtation)
--Chris Chelios

I also recieved lots more signatures, die cuts, chromes, and clear cards.

How's that for a box opening noobie?
Now, how do I explain to my soon to be ex-wife that her support money was lost on a bad box break???

RE: First Box Break Ever
You got a Mario Lemieux auto/gu out of 10?? Yeah you did just fine lol.

Good luck on the divorce...hardest thing I've ever had to go through, both emotionally and financially. And by good luck, I mean try to keep your head above water and stay sane.

Nice break, though. The Lemieux sounds sweet...love to see a pic.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

You did just fine when you pull a Lemieux game used/auto #d/10

You get any Brett Hull cards? I might be able to help put some coin in your pocket

Sounds like you absolutely KILLED it with that Lemieux! Congrats on the very nice break!
I am divorced myself and am still fighting more than four years later. My son is being mistreated, and I want it to end. The battle is across the border, so it is a very tricky one. I wish you all the best and hope that things brighten up for you quickly!

Randi

Lemieux!!!! Sweet, i'd love to see pics.

you did well on the Mario

good luck on the big D
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Omg I've never pulled a legend GU or Auto and to hit a #/10 Lemieux you my friend should stop now while you are still ahead lol I too have gone through a nasty one glad you got a smile and some fun from the breaks! Congrats

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

Welcome to the box breaks sick super mario bro now I need u to upload some of the pictures of the cards PLEASE !!!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I now understand box breaks for what they are, pure adrenaline! I sold the Lemieux card back to the LCS owner, he's new to the business himself and he's helping me learn from the inside out. I think it's good karma because I went home with another Rookie Anthology and an SP and had nice hits from both. Then last night I went to wally-world. I usually try to avoid that place like the plague but I needed some penny sleeves and a couple of 100 card boxes. As usual, Gypsy Queen disappointed but I did pull an interesting patch from a box of 2011-12 Topps Baseball - Nolan Ryan Historical Stitches. I guess I'll finally start archiving my cards and condition. Didn't really have much before this past week. I'm not sure what I'll do with my son, though. I showed him a Brandon Harris Rookie Signature card and all he could say is "can we go play skylanders now"?

Anyway, I heard a call for pictures. Update coming shortly.