`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I could use some help/advice!

I could use some help/advice!
I'm really not a baseball fan. not anymore at least. I was when I was a kid. i recently went back to my hometown and went through all my old stuff that was in storage. I found a good size box of baseball cards. havn't counted them or anything but if I had to guess, there is probably 3,000 cards there. (give or take) i noticed some basketball cards but at least 95% are baseball cards. like I said, I'm really not a baseball fan anymore and don't have much of a use for these. at least half were stored in plastic sleeves in books or in individual hard plastic cases. so a lot of them are in decent condition. all these cards are at least 20 years old, as I have not seen them in more than that. can anyone give me an idea on how I would go about finding the value (obviously I would want to get what I could and wouldn't want to get screwed.) and where/how may be the best way to go about selling them? I appreciate it.
thanks much.
-Chris-

RE: I could use some help/advice!
Stuff from like 1988-1995 is nearly all worthless in terms of cash value. There are a few exceptions but not many. Insert sets from the mid-90 to late 90's can be worthless or can be very valuable. Without seeing what you have, no one is going to be able to give you even a ballpark estimate or tell you what the best way to sell them is going to be.

Your best bet is to grab a Beckett magazine and look them up or look at completed sales on ebay to see if they are selling for anything.

I really wasn't sure where to start with this. I knew I could resort to goign through them one by one and searching google, ebay, and sites like this for them, but I was hoping there may have been an easier way. thanks
-Chris-

Unfortunately not. I mean, you can look through the years to give you an idea if its even worth your time. If its all late 80's and early 90's it's probably not worth your time.

(06-07-2013, 01:50 AM)DAIGORO Wrote: I really wasn't sure where to start with this. I knew I could resort to goign through them one by one and searching google, ebay, and sites like this for them, but I was hoping there may have been an easier way. thanks
-Chris-
The easiest way?
Put'em back in storage for another 20 years and give them to your Kids, Grandkids, nephews, nieces, neighbor's kid, etc. and watch them enjoy going through old cards. You'll get more enjoyment out of it, they like it, and you won't get frustrated getting garbage offers from nameless/faceless people on eBay, or local card shops.
Or .... Donate them and get a tax credit.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.