`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superfractors on Ebay

Superfractors on Ebay
I am not sure I have seen this posted here but it has been posted on other message boards.

There are a bunch of superfractors on Ebay that are back doored.

So with that said, if it is not marked 1/1, it is not real. It's not an error. It's not some mysterious card. It's likely a test print that was sold as a sheet and then cut.

RE: Superfractors on Ebay
They were "supposed to be destroyed" and then ended up on ebay somehow, the guy that had the majority of the first run of "test cards" said he bought them from a guy in Pennsylvania.

My guess, they were supposed to have been thrown away and maybe they were, and then later retrieved. who knows, theyre cool and unique simply for the fact that theyre the real thing, just not at the same time.
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

(05-28-2013, 07:07 PM)x5ofspades Wrote: They were "supposed to be destroyed" and then ended up on ebay somehow, the guy that had the majority of the first run of "test cards" said he bought them from a guy in Pennsylvania.

My guess, they were supposed to have been thrown away and maybe they were, and then later retrieved. who knows, theyre cool and unique simply for the fact that theyre the real thing, just not at the same time.
+1. I saw a disclaimer along these lines in a recent superfractor listing.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

It just wasn't superfractors that got back doored.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

i thought that topps sold the sheet to an auction house, then the guy bought from the auction house and chopped up to sell on ebay
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

I've seen unnumbered red refractors and orange too I believe. I think it's shady for them to sell these even though they put in the fine print that they aren't the real deal. A lot of people getting duped on these.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(05-28-2013, 10:29 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: i thought that topps sold the sheet to an auction house, then the guy bought from the auction house and chopped up to sell on ebay
They came from a Huggins and Scott auction I believe though I am unsure who the seller was.

At first he was admitting they were a test run but he stopped putting that disclaimer in at some point. That may have changed since a ton of people complained to ebay. At one point he claimed they were replacements from Topps.

It's totally unacceptable that these are not immediately destroyed.

Seller(s) name(s)? Or any additional details? One set, multiple sets? Not necessarily looking for any right now, but if I can find cheap superfractors I sometimes throw bids out.
Kepler

Most of them are coming from shelbyville_sports_cards and it is from multiple sets of Bowman and Topps Chrome.

(05-28-2013, 11:27 PM)jstbuch Wrote: Most of them are coming from shelbyville_sports_cards and it is from multiple sets of Bowman and Topps Chrome.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.
Kepler