`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on card measurements

Question on card measurements
Hi...I was just curious if anyone knows the approximate measurements top to bottom and left to right that a 2011 Bowman Chrome Card should be? Probably a silly question but I was looking at a bunch of my pack pulled Chrome Autos today up close and out of the cases and noticed that the cards vary by a millimeter in some cases. I am not sure if there is an exact measurement that someone may know of but it just seems odd to me that cards from the same set would vary in length. If anyone can help with this that would be great. Thanks Chad

RE: Question on card measurements
I've seen some variance in both height and width of cards, not as often as it used to be but still happens. I've got some memorabilia cards all from the same set and while most fit in one touch holders nicely, some of the others are too wide or too tall.

Sort of related, I coop'ed for a major film company and one of my tasks one summer was to write some software to analyze all the sensor outputs on things like spoolers, splitters, and knife-bars. Until then it was not uncommon for them to lose a week worth of product because they couldn't manually analyze all the sensor information fast enough to detect when something was out of tolerance. My project helped cut that down to one day, and that was 17 years ago so I'm sure they have optimized it even more now. Card manufacturing is going to have similar production mechanisms, but I suspect rather than throw out product the companies still package it up unless it's horrendously off.