`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Worn Warm Up Jersey

Game Worn Warm Up Jersey
I just received a Michael Olowokandi Game Worn Warmup JSY yesterday. I don't really doubt its authenticity as I picked it up from a credible seller but I don't have much experience with game worn memorabilia and was curious if anyone on here was knowledgeable about game worn jerseys and could give me some opinions on the authenticity of the jersey. I realize no one in their right mind would try and sell a knock off JSY of Olowokandi because there wouldn't be much money in it, plus like I said, very credible seller, almost 4000 positive feedback 100% positive. I am just trying to gain some insight as to what I should be looking for to verify. Also I need some tips on where to pick up something to properly store it in... I know they make Jersey Frames but they don't sell them anywhere around me so not sure where to go for good quality and a good price plus how should I store it until I have something to display it?

Here are pics

[Image: f1e2a0e800_zpsbdcd12fb.jpg]

[Image: f66bb3dec9_zpseb6e2994.jpg]

[Image: c5b8d01dcf_zpsdb7df87b.jpg]

[Image: f11e8fb020_zps0d75f4ff.jpg]

[Image: 275238fe9d_zps80558974.jpg]

[Image: 58799b5319_zps3e6abf8f.jpg]
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

RE: Game Worn Warm Up Jersey
I know someone who got a Cal Ripken Jersey framed (personally). If I were you, I'd do the same. That way it can be displayed with the style that you would like. I really wouldn't know what to store it in for now, because I usually look past jerseys. Congrats on your find. Good luck.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Awesome pickup Smile Going off what kenarm said, if you take it to Michaels or any store like that they will frame it for you.
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

Thanks for the feedback guys, I would love to have it framed, my problem is I don't have a Michael's or anything like that, that I am aware of. Is there anywhere online that sells them?

I got a Dan Gadzuric warm up sweater little while ago. It's still sitting in my closet together with my own clothes lol!

The tough part about framing game used basketball jerseys is that they are usually much longer than other sports jerseys (as the players are usually much taller). It really comes down to how you want to display it. Most of the basic jersey frames will require you to fold the jersey in order to fit into the frame. Going to Michaels or Joanns or any other store that does framing will cost you upwards of $100 just for the frame. They do offer some jersey frames that you can pick up with a 1/2 price coupon (when they are available) but they are still $75-$100 after being 1/2 price. There is an online company that does displays and frames for jerseys that I have been using for years and I really like them. They are called Pennzoni Displays, and I believe they actually advertise in the Beckett magazines. They have a website with lots of options for jersey displays starting around $50.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-26-2013, 03:26 PM)folkertino Wrote: I got a Dan Gadzuric warm up sweater little while ago. It's still sitting in my closet together with my own clothes lol!
Lol I have it carefully folded in a ziplock bag in a closed box. I almost went for the closet but my fiancee told me to do the ziplock.
(05-26-2013, 05:54 PM)djohn Wrote: The tough part about framing game used basketball jerseys is that they are usually much longer than other sports jerseys (as the players are usually much taller). It really comes down to how you want to display it. Most of the basic jersey frames will require you to fold the jersey in order to fit into the frame. Going to Michaels or Joanns or any other store that does framing will cost you upwards of $100 just for the frame. They do offer some jersey frames that you can pick up with a 1/2 price coupon (when they are available) but they are still $75-$100 after being 1/2 price. There is an online company that does displays and frames for jerseys that I have been using for years and I really like them. They are called Pennzoni Displays, and I believe they actually advertise in the Beckett magazines. They have a website with lots of options for jersey displays starting around $50.
Thanks for the Info! I was hoping to hear something like that lol. Olowokandi was 7'0 and that jersey is huge. I am definitely gonna check that site out. I really appreciate the help.

I have an Al Horford worn jersey in the small Pennzoni Display and it is folded at the bottom. I took a picture to show it up close. It doesn't look bad, but if you want to show the 3XL tag at the bottom it will be difficult. I have several jerseys in Pennzoni displays and while most the ones I have are the same I did get a good deal on one with a door and I like that one a lot more for the ease of getting the jersey in and displayed well when hanging.
[Image: 20130527_173359_zpsd5f30434.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-27-2013, 06:58 PM)djohn Wrote: I have an Al Horford worn jersey in the small Pennzoni Display and it is folded at the bottom. I took a picture to show it up close. It doesn't look bad, but if you want to show the 3XL tag at the bottom it will be difficult. I have several jerseys in Pennzoni displays and while most the ones I have are the same I did get a good deal on one with a door and I like that one a lot more for the ease of getting the jersey in and displayed well when hanging.
[Image: 20130527_173359_zpsd5f30434.jpg]
Very nice! I have been checking out the website, they have a lot of nice options. Did you order the clear hanger? They make it sound like its better than an average hanger, decreases slack at the bottom. I was just curious if you agreed?