Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 PC Cards in the next year

5 PC Cards in the next year
Stolen from another message board.

I want to challenge myself... and invite you all to join.

List 5 PC cards you are determined to find and purchase in the next year:

1990 Donruss Aqueous Test Orel Hershiser (these never come up for sale)
1993 Topps Finest Refractor Orel Hershiser (I just have never been able to drop the cash on these)
1994 Dept of Transportation #4 Orel Hershiser (I've never even seen one for sale)
2005 Donruss Prime Patches 1/1 Laundry Tag (sold on ebay a few months ago and missed it)
and just to mix it up...
2006 Bowman Chrome Clayton Kershaw Red, Orange, and Golds (time to start admitting that Kershaw is an all time Dodger great. I have a number of base, refractor, and even a few blue autos but it's time to go after the nice stuff)

RE: 5 PC Cards in the next year
I'll keep mine simple to most but fulfilling to me.

Mark Montgomery Bowman Auto
Tyler Austin Bowman Auto
Mason Williams Bowman Auto
Gary Sanchez Bowman Auto
Derek Jeter Auto
Ichiro Yankees Auto

oops that makes 6 oh well see if I can get half these...

I found this Hershiser that sold on the bay. You could possibly contact the seller and ask him to ask the buyer if he'd be interested in buying it. I don't know. Just a shot. Hope it helps.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=199...+&_sacat=0

(05-15-2013, 03:52 PM)jstbuch Wrote: Stolen from another message board.

I want to challenge myself... and invite you all to join.

List 5 PC cards you are determined to find and purchase in the next year:

1990 Donruss Aqueous Test Orel Hershiser (these never come up for sale)
1993 Topps Finest Refractor Orel Hershiser (I just have never been able to drop the cash on these)
1994 Dept of Transportation #4 Orel Hershiser (I've never even seen one for sale)
2005 Donruss Prime Patches 1/1 Laundry Tag (sold on ebay a few months ago and missed it)
and just to mix it up...
2006 Bowman Chrome Clayton Kershaw Red, Orange, and Golds (time to start admitting that Kershaw is an all time Dodger great. I have a number of base, refractor, and even a few blue autos but it's time to go after the nice stuff)

1967 Topps Rod Carew RC
1993 Finest Refractor Kirby Puckett
2012 Elite Byron Buxton auto
2013 Bowman Chrome Byron Buxton auto
1959 Topps Jim Kaat RC

(05-15-2013, 05:22 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I found this Hershiser that sold on the bay. You could possibly contact the seller and ask him to ask the buyer if he'd be interested in buying it. I don't know. Just a shot. Hope it helps.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=199...+&_sacat=0
I actually have this one though I paid a lot more than $10.50. I would have bought this one too had I seen it come up. That guy got a steal. I've never seen #197 come up and, to be honest, I am not 100 percent sure it even exists. This set is so hard to come by and there is a lot of debate about the checklist. It's been said there is around 290 on the checklist and there may be a total of 2000 cards. Not 2000 each but 2000 total.

(05-15-2013, 05:13 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: From my post on that other message board.

*2012 Sega Card Gen Robinson Cano Foil Parallel
*2013 Bowman Mark Montgomery Auto
*A David Robertson Auto
*A Slade Heathcott Auto

I'm also going to throw in 2 more (sorry).
*Base cards of Vernon Wells, Lyle Overbay, Travis Hafner and maybe Chris Stewart in Yankees uniforms (if released this year)
*Base cards of the Yankees 3 first round picks this year (thanks to the departures of Russell Martin, Nick Swisher and Rafael Soriano, my Yanks get 3 first round picks this year! Well okay 1 first round pick and 2 sandwich picks but still).
I might have an extra Heathcott in person you want to trade?