`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
You pack searching S.O.B

You pack searching S.O.B
I've been real excited to bust some 13 bowman and since I'm not going to my lcs until Saturday I couldn't wait so I stopped by a Walmart store to maybe get a couple blasters to hold me over till Saturday and they had none so I bought a on sale blaster of topps and found this hanger pack of draft and prospects also on sale didn't pay any attention to how it look but it had already been opened some one replaced the three chrome cards and three in four 2013 topps
[Image: F798CFAA-2B03-4C7A-B6C6-CD7AFB6FFF2F-462...f95062.jpg]

Just needed to vent a little
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

RE: You pack searching S.O.B
how is it not illegal to open packs and not buy it. its almost shoplifting if you ask me.

(05-09-2013, 05:53 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: how is it not illegal to open packs and not buy it. its almost shoplifting if you ask me.
They probably buy them, take them home, open them, pull and replace the cards and then take them back to get their money back. Either that, or they just open and replace when no one is looking.

There are several open packs at my WalMart every time I go in there. I've even bought a box a time or 2 and get home and open them only to find the box sealed, the card packs the same as what's on the box, but the cards in side the box to be of another set and all commons. Pretty crappy if you asked me. But I was out $19.99 + tax.

return it to the store with the receipt.

if they give you any flack for it (which 95% of the time they will take your word for it no questions asked anyway), explain it again. if they still flat out refuse. fire off an e-mail to corporate office and file a complaint about it-- you will be getting a phone call from that store manager with an apology, offering for you to go back to exchange the item, and sometimes even a gift card for your troubles.

had problems at this one particular wal-mart here twice in the span of two months while my wife was pregnant and due to an idiot employee not doing the right thing-- that is precisely what happened with us. we got $50 in gift cards for them treating my wife like dirt.

not exactly a fair trade off by any means, but still. if you were going in there all the time saying the same thing/didn't have receipts/acted belligerent then sure maybe not, but most of the time they will take anything back there---its really not hard to not be jerked around especially in those instances where you have done no wrong.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

your case is extreme and by a S.O.B.I agree, but I am telling you it is not that hard for a dealer to take a hobby box and other multiple pack packages open it and then open every pack and replace good cards with less valuable cards. Then reseal each pack stretch rap the hobby box and sell as factory sealed. I know you all say no way but I have researched this a lot and found out with a little work it can be done and pretty much undetectable.... I hate to be so cynical but in this day and age nothing surprises me....If there is a way to know it doesn't happen I am Listening...

Shoot them
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Im sorry man...

Reading and looking at your picture of what they put in their is so Shi**y, but i have to be honest i got a pretty good laugh at this. Not your behalf but if it was me i know i would be mad as F***
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(05-09-2013, 05:53 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: how is it not illegal to open packs and not buy it. its almost shoplifting if you ask me.
Technically, it is a form of shoplifting. You're not allowed to open a sealed box or package of anything. That's destroying merchandise and is almost as bad as stealing it. They can prosecute for either, if that's their policy.
As far as getting caught opening and replacing cards in the store? That's ludicrous. Bringing them home and returning them would be a more logical scenario. But, you'd think that after doing it a number of times, someone, somewhere would get wise to your repetitive behavior.
As far as the card shops opening and resealing and reselling factory boxes .. I wouldn't put it past some of them, but if a company like Topps or Panini found out, they'd probably lose their rights to sell. They do have the technology and if they have the motive, it would be relatively easy. SBay cards makes their own packs using the same foil wrap that many topps wrapper redemption packs are in ... That plain foil.
It really sucks ... That's why I open those Best of 2012 repacks in the store right after I buy it ... If there's something fishy, I can fix it right there.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.