`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you improve this site?

How would you improve this site?
Hello, my name is Justin. I am a new employee at Beckett Media. Before I was an employee here, I was a collector and a member of this forum. I have been a member of this community for about two years now and I think that we have a great community. I am always seeing a lot of people being positive towards one another and being very supportive.

One thing that I have noticed though, is comments and threads discussing people's unhappiness with our site. I understand frustrations that people have, I used to have them myself. I will say that there are a lot of new things coming that will make things easier for all of us to use the site. I just want to take a moment and ask everyone what would you like to see differently that would make this site better for users.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to reading everyone's opinion.

RE: How would you improve this site?
beckett needs to do something to increase the traffic (posts and traders), thats the main thing beckett is lacking. this site has the best organization and trade tools out there. as far as the site, speed issues are the main thing imo. there are other little things such as image limits in posts, but the smaller things would be over looked if we had a massive group of collectors/traders on here.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Speed site and I agree with Ping, more site traffic. Personally, I love trading on this site but the site gets so slow at times it almost leaves me no choice to go to another site that I peruse from time to time.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Improve and master the registry and more people will come.. The registry is still behind the competition.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

The site speed is sooooo slow. We should have a lot more space available for messages. Speaking of messages, we should be able to access our messages from different areas on the website besides going to the forums (like it was before the last update). The database should also bring back the card value fluctuations (when the system showed the price changes for each card over the past two years).

Another thing I've noticed some people took issue with is when a mod deletes their post. If a post is deleted the op should be notified about the reason why it was deleted.

The uploading options seem to cause some problems as well. The site should allow individuals the opportunity to upload pics without going to another site for assistance.

Mainly the speed of the site though. Sometimes I give up on trying to post comments or looking up stuff in the database because of the websites speed.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

a misc forum would be great for other things people are interested in to trade,buy,sell collect etc...

I would like to say thank you to everyone for you great feedback. I have talked to people that have been working on improving the site about the suggestions. Without going into too much detail, I will say that most of the concerns that were talked about on this post are already in the works to be fixed. We are hoping to have these improvements to you guys asap.

Congrats on landing the job with Beckett Media and for starting this thread.
I think the following items would improve the site.

1. Having a picture for every card in the Database. Also, some cards have the wrong picture showing. Maybe a system where members can upload the pictures and someone on your end would approve them.

2. A screen to enter missing cards/sets. Sports Cards are pretty complete, the non-sport cards not so much.

More incentives, FASTER, Less strict regulatios (ie. Group breaks, just need a disclaimer), less bias towards larger collector forums(Basketball collectors are the ugly stepchild on Beckett. Every time theres a basketball giveaway, it goes to a non basketball collector.) A message on home page to inform of trade offers, not just an email. Same as is done for messages. Should be able to copy and paste pictures. I hate Photobucket!!!!!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]
Lightbulb 
Most of my headaches (that havn't already been covered 10 fold here) involve the ORG. And truth be told I just started messing with it a few months ago so this could simply be an education issue and not something that needs to improve on the site. But these are my minor gripes...

1) When clicking on the "Add to your ORG" icon there should be a pop-up or something offering you to enter either a Have or a Want quantity immediately so you don't have to then go back in to your ORG and enter those quantities. The popup could offer the option of putting it in to a specific folder immediately as well.

2) When a card has been successfully traded away I personally would just as soon not see it anywhere in my ORG unless I specifically clicked on the Recently Traded folder. When you are adding mass amounts of cards at a time to your ORG the easiest way to put quantities to your "Have" and "Trade-away" columns is of course to sort your entire collection to bring the zeroes all to the top. Well that also brings the traded cards to the top and you have to scroll past them all. I realize you can delete those cards but then if you want to go back and look at a completed trade they are gone also. This issue would of course be partially fixed if item #1 were in place however.

3) Pictures. I know it has been mentioned already but this one would be SO EASY for Beckett to fix! There are literally a thousand ways you could set it up so the community is doing 99% of the work for you! And guess what most of us would be happy to do it. The most effective protocol IMO would be to allow users to upload a photo for any card that doesn't have one in to an approval queue. The icon on the search results could then have a little symbol of some sort showing one, or multiple ones, have been uploaded and are pending approval. Once "X" amount of community members have voted to approve a certain pic it becomes permanent. There could even be a process for over-riding a pic that has become permanent if everyone somehow got it wrong (this would be mod only obviously).
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]