`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1998 Black Diamond Rookie - Barry Sanders 1 of 1

1998 Black Diamond Rookie - Barry Sanders 1 of 1
I have an Upper Deck 1998 Black Diamond Rookie's card of Barry Sanders, #28, that has a stamped "Limited Edition 1 of 1" in the middle of the card. Can anyone fill me in on this card? Was there a stamped edition of this series? Is this a promo card? Or maybe a special card for a local show?

Thanks,
Mark

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1998 Black Diamond Rookie - Barry Sanders 1 of 1
if you can scan the card or at least take a picture of it I think someone here can help you
don't use the attachment feature, it doesn't work...
you can upload it to a site like photobucket.c o m or imageshack. u s
and copy and paste the /img code or link here
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

(05-07-2013, 05:37 PM)focus_84 Wrote: I have an Upper Deck 1998 Black Diamond Rookie's card of Barry Sanders, #28, that has a stamped "Limited Edition 1 of 1" in the middle of the card. Can anyone fill me in on this card? Was there a stamped edition of this series? Is this a promo card? Or maybe a special card for a local show?

Thanks,
Mark
it's an aftermarket creation. some were made for shows, some for events like the special olympics (which were stamped that way), but in the early to mid part of the last decade, a lot of these kind of things popped on ebay, flooding the market. it was usually just some guy in his basement with a foil machine

Not to mention Barry was a rookie in 1989.

(05-07-2013, 07:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Not to mention Barry was a rookie in 1989.
it;s the set name: black diamond rookie

http://www.beckett.com/football/1998/bla...d-rookies/

Yeah - I am thinking it is an aftermarket stamp of some sort. The stamp is actually embossed in the card so it could have been easily reproduced by a simple machine.

Thank you all for the info. I was wondering why the attachment wouldn't work... my first post here on Beckett.

Mark

I actually bought one of the after market 1/1s of Favre back in the day. It was supposedly 24kt gold or something like that. After researching it after I bought it, I did a facepalm. But, I only spent like 4 bucks on it or something like that. I think it even came with a "certificate of authenticity" lol But, I think every collector has one of those cards that ended up being too good to be true like that.

(05-07-2013, 08:29 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it;s the set name: black diamond rookie

http://www.beckett.com/football/1998/bla...d-rookies/
I am still correct if you think about it, regardless of the set name.

LOL

(05-07-2013, 09:40 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I am still correct if you think about it, regardless of the set name.

LOL
Vader killed Skywalker if you look at it from a certain point of view.

I have a 1998 Collector's Edge First Place Rookie Ink #9 Cris Carter and his rookie card year is also 1989. Smile
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(05-07-2013, 10:43 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: Vader killed Skywalker if you look at it from a certain point of view.

I have a 1998 Collector's Edge First Place Rookie Ink #9 Cris Carter and his rookie card year is also 1989. Smile
Exactly.

It always seems weird to me when veteran base cards are in a product with "rookie" in the title.

Like 2006-07 Rookie Debut basketball, and you open a discount retail pack and it's five veteran base cards. Kind of kills the rookie buzz, LOL