`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Your Best Deal

Your Best Deal
Just curious what you feel the best deal is you've ever gotten on a card, or cards.

I've got 2.

1) About 10 years ago I happened across a Robin Yount rookie, at a tag sale, in the bottom of a plastic tub of sale items. The lady gave me a price of $1, but I gave her $2 telling her I knew it was worth it. Turned out it was booking at $110.

2) Along about 15 years ago I happened into a local auction and found 3 'lots' of cards going up for sale. I bought the first 2 for a total of $250. It was about 100K cards. I only went through about 75% of them, and had already counted a book value better than $12K. Looking forward to finding out their value now, if I ever get them into my Org.

So let's hear yours... Smile

RE: Your Best Deal
Best deals - non cards.
Had a $200 deductible on my health insurance plan. Got a daughter. Smile

2nd deal - $350 deductible - got another one!

Priceless!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Several years ago I took a chance at a local card shop and paid $6 for a pack of 1981 Topps and pulled a Joe Montana RC that I had graded and it came in with an overall grade of 8.5.....not bad for $6.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(05-07-2013, 07:53 PM)ugameck Wrote: Best deals - non cards.
Had a $200 deductible on my health insurance plan. Got a daughter. Smile

2nd deal - $350 deductible - got another one!

Priceless!
I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything, either, but I just wish the cost stopped at the deductable. Smile

I picked up a collection from some guy locally for $500. Needless to say it filled my van up. Went scouring through it and sold only 5 Cards and got my money back. Since then I've barely done a dent and have made well over $4500 off it.
Eddie George Super Collector

(05-07-2013, 08:30 PM)sharkbyte Wrote: I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything, either, but I just wish the cost stopped at the deductable. Smile
That's a very true statement! Recital costs, hip-hop, etc....
I'd sell my collection for them though.

Card deal? - dumb luck - bought a Target box of miscellaneous packs - "10 packs + 1 auto or jersey card!" (Maybe $14.99 or $19.99)

Of course the jersey or auto was already pack pulled and stuck in a penny sleeve/toploader (just hidden in a small card envelope)...but it was...

2000 - Fleer Autographics Silver Auto: Emmitt Smith - serial number.... 022/250!

Sold it for a shiny penny back around 2005.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Well, if you're not picky about condition, a few years back at a garage sale a lady had a plastic grocery bag full of those little 1980-81 (or was it 81-82?) "panels" of Topps basketball — all separated.

She sold me the bag for $5, and when we got home it took me about an hour to sort out all the little panels.

But eventually I found the individual panels and was able to put together a Bird/Magic RC (with Dr. J) ... I put them in a screwdown holder with the recessed area, and you really can't tell the difference ... not bad for $5.