`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Padding" My Chances for a Goaltending Museum: "Noodles" Anyone?

"Padding" My Chances for a Goaltending Museum: "Noodles" Anyone?
Hello everyone! Here is the moment that you have all been waiting for! While I have been slowly spending less and less on cards, I have begun to invest more and more into my future museum's inventory. The rules of the museum: all goalies, all NHL, all the time! I have acquired several significant jerseys, some very nice sticks, and even an OHL helmet of a one-game NHLer over the last couple of years, however, I have never actually added a piece of memorabilia that is extremely unique to the goaltending position. Players have sticks (different, but sticks nonetheless), players have jerseys, and gloves (again, different, but gloves nonetheless), however, none have leg pads like goalies do. Thanks to some great sources in the game-used hobby, I came across this set of Jamie "Noodles" McLennan game-worn pads.

These pads were worn by him in the latter part of the 2006-07 season, also his last season in the NHL (also worn in his last ever NHL game). Among the games this was worn in, these pads were worn during his ever-so-famous incident in the 2007 playoffs when he relieved Miikka Kiprusoff. In relief, McLennan slashed Red Wings forward Johan Franzen in the stomach. The result? In 13 seconds (that's right, seconds, not minutes) of ice-time, McLennan gained a total of 17 penalty minutes and an eventual five game suspension. Despite normally being a very sportsmanlike player throughout his career, this game in which his emotions got the better of him turned out to be the final one of his NHL career!

Included in this set of pictures is a great photo with the particular matching elements highlighted by myself with green circles.

Enjoy! Comments are always welcome, and encouraged. They are truly a beauty to behold in real life and I am very proud to own a set of game-worn pads.

[Image: mclennanpadsdistance_zpsd6730ec8.jpg]

[Image: mclennanpadsdistanceless_zps2df6ae09.jpg]

Left pad up close:

[Image: mclennanleftleg_zpsa2ded69f.jpg]

Right pad up close:

[Image: mclennanrightleg_zpsce167c12.jpg]

If the pictures and the story didn't convince you who the pads belonged to Smile

[Image: mclennanpadsname_zps42c901a3.jpg]

Photo with matches:

[Image: mclennanphotomatch_zpsfe8b4e5a.jpg]

And here is the video of the incident I described earlier. Gotta love the pads on McLennan Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqje98Rit_A

RE: "Padding" My Chances for a Goaltending Museum: "Noodles" Anyone?
Wow Bruce those are amazing!! Congrats.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Amazing piece(s) of memorabilia!! Very cool.
Go Avs Go!

Unreal adds to the artifacts!!! That incident with Jamie must have been the deciding factor in his retiring. I looked up to him as a goalie, and thought that seeing him hit Franzen like that was unbelievable! It did not look like the same man standing in the blue paint. Congrats on the amazing pick-ups, and thanks for the story and share!

Randi

Those are really, really cool. You will need a museum to showcase your collection! Tough to throw the pads on a bookshelf and display them, you will need to do up a great display case with the pictures, and even the stories, behind each piece! Nice work.

As always, super awesome stuff and stories! Congrats buddy!
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

Awesome pads. GU stuff is pretty cool. If only i could afford it. However, I love the story behind these pads too. After seeing the youtbue video, I checked out other ones and this goalie was a fighter. LOVE IT. Smile
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Thanks for all of the comments everyone!

If anything is surprising about these pads, it is that I actually found a place in my home to store them without being in the way.

(05-10-2013, 09:57 AM)scarrman Wrote: Those are really, really cool. You will need a museum to showcase your collection! Tough to throw the pads on a bookshelf and display them, you will need to do up a great display case with the pictures, and even the stories, behind each piece! Nice work.
A real museum as a western Canadian counterpart to the HHOF is my goal for the future...though the emphasis will be on goaltenders.

Until then I actually have my own website for the museum. Never compares to seeing the stuff in person, but a good substitute until the opportunity exists:

http://bcgoaltendingmuseum.weebly.com/