`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question for the Jersey Collectors

Question for the Jersey Collectors
I bought an Eddie George Autographed Jersey a few months back. Since I have yet to frame it I left it in the bag it came in on the top shelf of my closet. Well I was looking at it today and the name plate seems to be yellowing. I keep my closet doors closed and the Ac is always on so I have no idea what's causing this or how to fix it. Anyone else have this happen to them?
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

RE: Question for the Jersey Collectors
The "ripening a banana in a bag" effect maybe???
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

Weird. Was it a Reebok jersey? I've got several, myself, ranging from a cheap Reggie White jersey from the 90s to a high end Reebok jersey of Favre from his time in GB in the 90s to a blue Tramon Williams throwback blue jersey, and I've not had any issues with the ones that have white lettering, whether it be printed like the White, or hand stitched like the Hawk jersey I have. I would say if you put it on a shelf in a closet that's closed to the light, you should at least be able to keep it from getting worse if it's the bag doing it? Maybe the chemicals from the signature coupled with the plastic bag and the fact that it's all trapped in the bag with the jersey may be what's causing it.

(05-01-2013, 04:38 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Weird. Was it a Reebok jersey? I've got several, myself, ranging from a cheap Reggie White jersey from the 90s to a high end Reebok jersey of Favre from his time in GB in the 90s to a blue Tramon Williams throwback blue jersey, and I've not had any issues with the ones that have white lettering, whether it be printed like the White, or hand stitched like the Hawk jersey I have. I would say if you put it on a shelf in a closet that's closed to the light, you should at least be able to keep it from getting worse if it's the bag doing it? Maybe the chemicals from the signature coupled with the plastic bag and the fact that it's all trapped in the bag with the jersey may be what's causing it.
It was the top shelf of the closet. What's weird is that its just the Name Plate:
[Image: IMG_0227_zpsd33c180c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0228_zps50a5b396.jpg]
Hopefully it shows on these pics. I guess I can move it to a box
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

just wash it

jk! lol
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

yeah the pic shows it, wierd. ive had that seam collect dust while hanging in the closet, but it looks like the fabric itself is yellowing. was the jsy folded in the bag with that side up? my wife said maybe it was the part touching the inside of bag the most because its thicker than the surrounding material. who knows maybe ya have a closet mouse that isnt a titans fan... before framing, try going over the yellow with a bleach pen LIGHTLY it might work on white. i havent a clue and have never heard of anyone doing that, it was just an idea. hope ya figure it out.
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

Use a tide stick.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16