`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have a completed player collection?

Does anyone have a completed player collection?
I'm sure with a prospect it would be reasonably easy but with an older play for like the 90's I am guessing it would be impossible even with unlimited resources. Finding all the 1/1's would be more than a miracle.

Anyone?

RE: Does anyone have a completed player collection?
I think the older players would be easier than the modern players -- less 1/1s for the older players. I have two guys with very low total collection numbers and finding them is actually more challenging because fewer people list those .05 cent cards in their orgs, and fewer still are willing to dig them out.

These are the guys I collect and my closeness to their total...granted I have been collecting Piazza most aggressively and off and on for 15 years.
Mike PIAZZA 2152 (haves) 9485 (available) 0.23 (percent obtained)
JP ARENCIBIA 59 485 0.12
RA DICKEY 43 352 0.12
John FRANCO 172 611 0.28
Eric KARROS 228 1356 0.17
Al LEITER 72 1052 0.07
Todd PRATT 25 160 0.16
Robin VENTURA 381 1899 0.20
Turk WENDELL 31 137 0.23
David WRIGHT 309 5657 0.05
Todd ZEILE 158 677 0.23

I suppose it would be super easy to have a complete player collection if they only had like 1 card Wink
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I would think maybe a older player who has fewer cards when he was still playing as I don't count cards after they retire. But there is no chance I will ever get all the Derek Jeter cards and this is why I will never try to get them all either.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I collect BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryans and only BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryans. There is NO WAY that I could ever collect all his cards, b/c he has over 10,000 and I don't know how many 1/1's because I don't get the OPG or ORG. I've been collecting Nolans since the Summer of 1990 and I've been collecting BGS/BVG Graded Nolans since 2002 when I had brain surgery. My brain surgery was actually on Wednesday, June 27, 2001, but I was in survival mode and didn't purchase any cards at that time.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(05-01-2013, 08:53 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I collect BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryans and only BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryans. There is NO WAY that I could ever collect all his cards, b/c he has over 10,000 and I don't know how many 1/1's because I don't get the OPG or ORG. I've been collecting Nolans since the Summer of 1990 and I've been collecting BGS/BVG Graded Nolans since 2002 when I had brain surgery. My brain surgery was actually on Wednesday, June 27, 2001, but I was in survival mode and didn't purchase any cards at that time.
I know you ONLY collect BGS, but I have a 1983 O-pee-chee graded Nolan Ryan Super vet #361 graded by SGC (an 8 I think). If and when I can find a raw replacement for my set you are welcome to it.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(05-01-2013, 09:53 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I know you ONLY collect BGS, but I have a 1983 O-pee-chee graded Nolan Ryan Super vet #361 graded by SGC (an 8 I think). If and when I can find a raw replacement for my set you are welcome to it.
Thanks for the Offer, but I already have BGS 9.5's.

The first player that came to mind is Michael Jordan's baseball cards since there weren't many.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(05-01-2013, 10:14 AM)acevanquish Wrote: The first player that came to mind is Michael Jordan's baseball cards since there weren't many.
What about mj's racing cards? I think that there's only 4 of them. At least there was only 4 when I last looked.

I collect only 2 individual players: Tyrell Jenkins (baseball) and Ricky Dudley (football) for now. Am going to be adding a few more players later, but that's it for now.

Tyrell Jenkins has 87 different cards listed in the OPG. Of that total, 44 are 1/1s. I had 8 different 1/1s, but sold them as a lot last summer to be able to buy more lower #d stuff. I figured I would never get all of the 1/1s, so would never be a total player collector. But I figured I'd get as many #d/5 and above that I could.

He has 11 cards out of 2012 Bowman Platinum. All of them are showing as autos. However, he has not signed for that product (and probably never will). So, he actually has 76 different cards for now, 44 of which are 1/1s.

That leaves 32 different cards that are not 1/1s. I have 29 of them. I have everything #d/10 and above. I don't have the three that are #d/5. I have found 2 of them, but the seller wants several hundred for each because they're graded and I don't collect graded stuff.

As far as Dudley, he has 570 different cards (not many, huh)and I have roughly 230 or so. I haven't counted since last spring, and have really slacked off on finding his stuff because he's a common player and played in the last 1990s. So no one really has any to trade. I'd be stuck buying everything.

I was considering making a run at Orel Hershiser. He hasn't been in a ton of sets since the 90's which would llimit the number of 1/1s. I've actually found a considerably high number of the 1/1s online but I am sure some will just never surface. Hmmmmmmm....