`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to move a lot of cards

Best way to move a lot of cards
I have a problem, I am running out of space for my baseball card collection. I want to move some of my cards, particularly cards that are worth something but not PC.
I have 4 three ring binders full of 5$+ beckett value cards, lots of GU and Autos and RCs.
I want to get rid of them in bulk, but want to get about 10-25% beckett value. Any cards less than 5$ BV would be filler, does anyone have any suggestions. I am leaning towards a auction style with 10-20 cards, ranging from a BV of 100-200$. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
If you start your day saying how it is going to be awesome, it is more than likely going to be disappointing, but if you are Awesome than it is hard not to have an Awesome day.

RE: Best way to move a lot of cards
This is what I do
I make a trade and then go to his profile. If he has a team or players listed that he/she collects I send them as gifts to them. Sometimes I go to thier org and see if they have a want collection and try to fill there needs that way. It's time consuming at times but its fun to give them to someone who would appreciate them more than you
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

+1

(04-29-2013, 11:16 AM)waynetalger Wrote: This is what I do
I make a trade and then go to his profile. If he has a team or players listed that he/she collects I send them as gifts to them. Sometimes I go to thier org and see if they have a want collection and try to fill there needs that way. It's time consuming at times but its fun to give them to someone who would appreciate them more than you
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

LOL, a true LOL. I could definitely do that, but I was trying to recoupe some of my "investment" to help pay for my daughter's $7000 hospital bill. I dont want to put that in my auction, but I do want to move and make, like I said, about 10% of the BV.
If you start your day saying how it is going to be awesome, it is more than likely going to be disappointing, but if you are Awesome than it is hard not to have an Awesome day.

Do you have a list? I'm always willing to help out by buying cards to help with a hospital bill. Lord knows I could of used some help when they all piled up on me.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

My organization on Beckett was spot on until they made the DB change and all the organizational stuff got mixed up, e.g. stuff that was want became haves and values got mixed up. However, if you have a team preference, player preference, or year preference I can scan the good books and my unsearches and let you know, then make sure my organization is updated to match anything you might be interested in. If I had a card store near me I would help them out, but nothing within a 2 hour drive.

what i'd do is try and organize it into years or teams/players if possible.
Then you can post the lots for sale here for x amount of BV.

Or just make a post like this and people can send you what they want...I've thought about the same thing recently. Just over the past year I've got boxes and boxes of cards I dont need from hobby boxes but no easy way to move them.

If you want to do something on here..ORG is best..need to be able to see what it is you have and what you want to get out of it..
Time consuming I know..
But, that way, I can search your ORG and then send an offer..
Good luck

(04-29-2013, 03:30 PM)nathancrandell1 Wrote: My organization on Beckett was spot on until they made the DB change and all the organizational stuff got mixed up, e.g. stuff that was want became haves and values got mixed up. However, if you have a team preference, player preference, or year preference I can scan the good books and my unsearches and let you know, then make sure my organization is updated to match anything you might be interested in. If I had a card store near me I would help them out, but nothing within a 2 hour drive.
Braves, Astros, lots more. Only collecting cards with a BV of $5 or more. GU must be serial numbered.

Adam Dunn, Pettitte, Posey, David Freese, Price, David Wright, Longoria, Frank Thomas, Jay Bruce, Votto, Upton's, Verlander, Griffey, Piazza, Cano, Halladay, Zimmerman, Steve Garvey, Lincecum, Gwynn, Boggs. Just to name a few. I have a whole list on my blog.

http://baseballcardsrule.blogspot.com/
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

You could try COMC, but it would take a little longer to move them all unless you did a port sale on there. The upside is they wouldn't be taking up space at your place anymore while you sell them.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/