`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THIS is why you SHOULDN'T send PWE!

RE: THIS is why you SHOULDN'T send PWE!
Thanks for the heads up....blocked as well.
I collect just about anything Jerome Bettis!
3,354 different Jerome Bettis cards as of 2/22/2016.

Here's my 2 cents.

Sorry to see that happen - I know the feeling.

I agree that PWEs should NEVER be used with one exception - when the card is thin stock (like base cards from the 90s) AND the seller/trader can easily replace it with identical card should something go wrong).

The negative is well deserved since he wasn't taking responisibility for it.

That said, just to be fair, this particular seller does state that ALL cards are shipped in PWEs UNLESS buyer pays $3 s/h. This would have be a RED flag to walk away or to pay the $3.
[Image: Untitled1_zps6c89c603.jpg]

In addition, in my "bad" PWE experience, adding "Hard protective material(s)" INCREASES the chances of creases happening as PWE are MEANT to be bent in sorting machines and toploaders or blank filler cards don't allow that; therefore, bending the "protected" card. I don't have a single Inception card, but I'm assuming these are thicker than the normal base cards. Generally, the only cards that make it safely are cards stored in flexible Card Savers.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(04-27-2013, 04:24 PM)jaderock Wrote: Here's my 2 cents.

Sorry to see that happen - I konw the feeling.

I agree that PWEs should NEVER be used with one exception - when the card is thin stock (like base cards from the 90s) AND the seller/trader can easily replace it with identical card should something go wrong).

The negative is well deserved since he wasn't taking responisibility for it.

That said, just to be fair, this particular seller does state that ALL cards are shipped in PWEs UNLESS buyer pays $3 s/h. This would have be a RED flag to walk away or to pay the $3.
[Image: Untitled1_zps6c89c603.jpg]

In addition, in my "bad" PWE experience, adding "Hard protective material(s)" INCREASES the chances of creases happening as PWE are MEANT to be bent in sorting machines and toploaders or blank filler cards don't allow that; therefore, bending the "protected" card. I don't have a single Inception card, but I'm assuming these are thicker than the normal base cards. Generally, the only cards that make it safely are cards stored in flexible Card Savers.
Just to be fair, he states "well protected."
And just to be fair, he states FREE shipping under $5, meaning he's shipping out no matter what in PWE under $5. Doesn't state PWE which will amend what he states in the previous statement of any bubble mailer.
His "business" aspect would never hold in court.
Plus, he sold me a bent card. I've checked. No bends or scratches on the toploader. I even checked by putting a card in it and bent the s**t out of the toploader without breaking it. The card had no bend marks.
Plus, where do you get your theory of "hard protective" INCREASES the chances of creases???
Bend a twig, it'll break. Bend a bundle of twigs, ain't gonna happen.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

(04-27-2013, 04:42 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: Just to be fair, he states "well protected."
Plus, where do you get your theory of "hard protective" INCREASES the chances of creases???
Bend a twig, it'll break. Bend a bundle of twigs, ain't gonna happen.
In a PWE - there is NO "well protected" . Tongue

--

My theory comes from the nearly 100 PWE unfortunate disasters I've had. Sad

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(04-27-2013, 05:03 PM)jaderock Wrote: In a PWE - there is NO "well protected" . Tongue

--

My theory comes from the nearly 100 PWE unfortunate disasters I've had. Sad
LOL
Yeah, I can tell he sold me a damaged card. He sold the other guys damaged cards also...
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!

Are you sure it didn't slide out of the top loader, bend, and then at some point slide back in?

Also, you are not in the wrong. Nobody is saying that. We all know the seller is wrong here. The question is A. whether he is taking responsibility and B. what he actually states in his description (which doesn't matter once a card gets damaged).

I can see the argument that more protection creases the card. PWEs go thru a machine and that machine bends the envelope. That's why envelopes that dont bend cost more, because they cant get put thru the machine. Now, if theres more protection, there is more the machine has to bend and this might put added stress on the card itself, causing a crease.

It doesn't matter what he states in his description or what he ships it in. If the card arrives damaged, you are entitled to a replacement or your money back. That's how it goes on the internet ALWAYS. Its the sellers job to get you your card in the listed condition.

If you file a claim (which it looks like you already did), you will get your money back. That's how buyer protection works. Its guaranteed and unfortunately, there are dishonest people who take advantage of that.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

It was sorta taped across the toploader.
Just sucks that he'll just keep selling damaged cards.