`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Official NFL Draft Discussion Thread

RE: Official NFL Draft Discussion Thread
Thrilled when the Panthers go star. Then was hoping for an exiting pick in round 2 ..... Then we took another d-tackle lol huge let down as we didn't have a 3rd round pick.

(04-26-2013, 09:19 AM)mrdub Wrote: you think that's bad, I stayed up to see who the Pats were gunna take, and boom, traded it away. Granted I should of seen it coming, but I was hoping for once they would take someone decent in the 1st.
2008: Jerod Mayo: more than decent
2009: no 1st rounder
2010: Devin McCourty: great rookie year, fell back, turned into a good safety last year
2011: Nate Solder: pro bowl level OL
2012: chandler jones and hightower. chandler jones was one of the best defensive rookies last year, hightower turned out to be darn good as well

if you want to argue that mccourty isnt "decent", fine. but since 2008, their first round picks have been darn good, especially, except for mayo who was the 10th pick, they have picked late in the first round

additionally, since 2001: mankins, wilfork, warren, seymour, watson. maroney was decent, if not for fumbles. meriweather had a good year or two then went way south. graham just never lived up to his potential

I second all that you say Jacoby. What is up with our inability to draft wide receivers though? Besides Deion Branch we've had Taylor Price, Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson. Bust, bust, bust. I was looking for them to take a good deep threat for Brady, hope this Aaron Dobson will do. Wouldn't mind them picking up Da'Rick Rodgers. First round potential if not for off-field troubles and transferring to tennessee tech.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

I yelled at my tv for the packers to take eddie lacy and then they did and I yelled more. I was pretty excited but im not sure my neighbors liked it
Photobucket

(04-27-2013, 12:17 PM)p4ckattack Wrote: I yelled at my tv for the packers to take eddie lacy and then they did and I yelled more. I was pretty excited but im not sure my neighbors liked it
lol, yeah, I know what you mean. I don't know if you saw it, but the Packers site had a "Pick the Packers first round pick" contest before the draft, and I actually entered Lacy as my contest entry! Maybe if nobody actually picked Jones as a potential, they go with Lacy being picked as a second round lol