`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*sigh* when will sellers learn to be accurate about condition!

*sigh* when will sellers learn to be accurate about condition!
WARNING: this is a partial rant!

I just got my Crown Royal Robert Parish auto /10 in the mail today. Seller had it listed on one of those generic "card will be NM or better blah blah blah" listings, but since they had over 6,000 feedback, all positive, I bought it anyway...

Well it came today...and the back is TERRIBLE...there were 4 areas that were about 1/8" each where the clear coat was peeling and 1 white WHITE corner (Thankfully its all on the back). And the real kicker...I go to take the card out of the toploader....THERE'S A PIECE OF HARD PLASTIC IN THE PENNY SLEEVE!

Now, since its /10, I know I'll probably never see another one, so I'm just going to have to smile and keep it....but I did email the seller!

*sigh* why can't people just be honest...or at least...not stupid?!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: *sigh* when will sellers learn to be accurate about condition!
sellers want to make the most money they can.

also, powersellers often don't look at their cards.

one guy wouldn't tell me the condition because he said it was already in a bubble mailer.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

Yeah, it is horrible. I've had the same issue recently. It further encourages me to buy graded cards (though that is not a perfect science either). I will also refuse to buy from a seller that uses generic pictures and does not allow me to view the actual product I am buying.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

ibe had good luck buying on the bay thus far, but i have only done it a couple times. I dont buy from seller who post generic pics either, i want the scan of the card im looking at before i do. but i think im gonna stick to graded cards when i buy for the most part because i have been hearing a lot of horror stories.
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

(04-25-2013, 12:47 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: sellers want to make the most money they can.

also, powersellers often don't look at their cards.
+1! I have also thought this as well. It seems that when a seller has so many auctions, they will not spend the time to carefully examine the card. There are some power sellers who include high resolution pictures, which helps. But to leave the blanket statement of saying the card is "Near Mint" even if it is not, is wrong. I have that in my description too but that is only after I have carefully looked at the card and noticed no major or even noticable flaws. If there is a flaw in any of the cards I sell, I take that statement out and describe the flaw to the best of my ability.

But truly, for the power sellers with 20k+ feedback, what is 1 or 2 negative comments to them? Nothing really in most regards

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Another reason most collectors prefer graded singles.....
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Did you contact the seller to let him know you were not content?
If so, what was the response?

(04-26-2013, 02:17 PM)sonic311 Wrote: Did you contact the seller to let him know you were not content?
If so, what was the response?
Well since he knew I wasn't going to return it I didn't expect much lol but he appologized profusely. Apparently he has an "employee" that lists all of his cards and he will "deal with the situation immediately following the email. I also now have "free shipping" on all of his auctions....yey :S
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75