`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, This Doosh Wasn't The Worst Guy Ever, I Guess

RE: Well, This Doosh Wasn't The Worst Guy Ever, I Guess
(04-24-2013, 11:49 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I did in fact open it in the car, but I think I'm just going to go corporate ... I'm almost positive that it's store policy in the first place not to accept returns on collectables, but obviously they think that since it's so expertly shrink-wrapped that they must not have opened it.

Yeah, that shrink wrap sure is one tough security measure! You need like some sorta fingernail gizmo to open one of themSmile
D
Re-sealers vs. pack searchers .... I think that re-sealers are criminals while pack searchers are just scummy! Re-sealers make pack searchers seem like little angels.
The Walmart by me started to keep their cards and packs behind the register with the tobacco products. That cut down on one of those undesirable pests but it doesn't prevent the other! Non-return is the only way to go! IMO
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-24-2013, 12:41 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, that shrink wrap sure is one tough security measure! You need like some sorta fingernail gizmo to open one of themSmile
D
Re-sealers vs. pack searchers .... I think that re-sealers are criminals while pack searchers are just scummy! Re-sealers make pack searchers seem like little angels.
The Walmart by me started to keep their cards and packs behind the register with the tobacco products. That cut down on one of those undesirable pests but it doesn't prevent the other! Non-return is the only way to go! IMO
Yeah, there is a sign directly behind the counter in one of the local WalMarts that says they don't take returns on music, collectibles, etc. ... yet, they take returns on collectibles.

Classic case of not giving a s--t.

I think you should have simply gone right back and brought this up with the manager. The corporate office isn't going to do anything personally for you. You may get a gift card, for the sake of "greasing a squeaky wheel", but likely that card will come from the store manager anyways. Walmart, Target, and most other companies like these do not actually have anything to do with their "card section". That section is space given to an outside vendor to display their merchandise for sale in the store. These stores then only pay that vendor for what is sold thru their registers. Therefore, they care little for stolen or resealed packs because it doesn't affect their sales. A loss from that section via theft or damage is absorbed by the vendor, not the store itself.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(04-24-2013, 01:03 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I think you should have simply gone right back and brought this up with the manager. The corporate office isn't going to do anything personally for you. You may get a gift card, for the sake of "greasing a squeaky wheel", but likely that card will come from the store manager anyways. Walmart, Target, and most other companies like these do not actually have anything to do with their "card section". That section is space given to an outside vendor to display their merchandise for sale in the store. These stores then only pay that vendor for what is sold thru their registers. Therefore, they care little for stolen or resealed packs because it doesn't affect their sales. A loss from that section via theft or damage is absorbed by the vendor, not the store itself.
I'm totally good with a gift card ... that way I can buy more re-sealed boxes! LOL

I've returned one without opening because as some of you know I'm indecisive. lol It was Target I think and they opened it in front of me. They said it was a new policy because people were resealing boxes.
[Image: OKimtze.png]

I have never seen that...thats a new one....but I have told off quite a few pack searchers in my Walmart in the past year or so...thats just grimey. I think Walmart should put their cards behind the counter so scumbags can't pack search. Luckily its tough to pack search for on card autographs but its still discouraging when you go to the store and see that all the packs have finger dents in the sides of them from people digging at em. They jerks need to get life.

(04-25-2013, 04:53 PM)minitracer Wrote: I've returned one without opening because as some of you know I'm indecisive. lol It was Target I think and they opened it in front of me. They said it was a new policy because people were resealing boxes.
I assure you they did not do this with my box. Just took my money and let me punch myself in the junk.
(04-26-2013, 08:09 AM)joba the clark Wrote: I have never seen that...thats a new one....but I have told off quite a few pack searchers in my Walmart in the past year or so...thats just grimey. I think Walmart should put their cards behind the counter so scumbags can't pack search. Luckily its tough to pack search for on card autographs but its still discouraging when you go to the store and see that all the packs have finger dents in the sides of them from people digging at em. They jerks need to get life.
Or be assassinated.