`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Thomas help!

Frank Thomas help!
I went digging through my old 90's collection of baseball cards this weekend and found alot of old Bonds, Arod, Ripkin, Gwynn, and some more rare inserts that I think alot of people might be interested in.

But, I also found a set of Frank Thomas cards that I can't find ANYTHING on .. anywhere. Has anyone seen these before? They are still in the same screw down holder as they were over 20 years ago so the scratches are on the surface, I believe.

Any help would be great because they look great in person.

[Image: Thomas001_zpsdd9a91ec.jpg]

[Image: Thomas2001_zpsde22a301.jpg]

[Image: Thomasback1001_zpsba40b65e.jpg]
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves

RE: Frank Thomas help!
From what I can see, they are unlicensed promo cards but thats all i can say lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I bet dbrookerd would be able to tell you what set that is. He is the big Frank Thomas collector on here.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(04-22-2013, 09:54 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: I bet dbrookerd would be able to tell you what set that is. He is the big Frank Thomas collector on here.
yeah if he doesnt reply on the thread shoot him a PM
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

As alfredoleal2001 said, they are unlicensed cards and therefore not listed in the OPG. Maybe worth a buck each to a Thomas collector. I have several of the ones you have pictured.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

yep, definitely unlicensed, generally called "broders"

and before he says it: broder's is just a catch-all term that the collecting universe has labeled most unlicensed cards from that era with

Thanks for the input. Just making sure these weren't some rare collectables.
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves

(04-23-2013, 08:06 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: and before he says it: broder's is just a catch-all term that the collecting universe has labeled most unlicensed cards from that era with
Like Kleenex has become a catch-all term for tissues. Smile
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-23-2013, 09:13 AM)zeprock Wrote: Like Kleenex has become a catch-all term for tissues. Smile
And 'Band-Aid' for all medical bandages that aren't called 'Ace' bandages.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin