Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't identify this card. Please help!!
Question 
Can't identify this card. Please help!!
How's it going. I have a card that for some reason I can't identify. It appears to be some sort of parallel, but it's not numbered and I can't find it in the Beckett price guide. It's a 2007 UD Masterpieces Phil Hughes, card #77. The difference is, it has a glossy surface instead of the normal "canvas" like feel that UD Masterpieces normally has. It has a white border, not "framed", not numbered, and the lettering is silver instead of the normal gold lettering. I have 5 of the normal issue version, so I know this one just doesn't match.
Any ideas? Could it be some sort of "first day issue" or maybe even an artist's proof? I couldn't find any other cards anywhere on line like this so I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

RE: Can't identify this card. Please help!!
welcome to the site you lurker (I only say that because you joined Dec 11 and it's your first post, I don't mean it in a mean/derogatory way!)

I'd be more than happy to help you with this, but it's a little hard to say without a scan of the front and back.

If you get a picture of it with a digital camera, upload it to photobucket and post the /img code! Smile
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

http://shotnottaken.wordpress.com/2009/0...babe-ruth/

there's yer huckleberry

(04-21-2013, 07:24 PM)AlexxKidd Wrote: How's it going. I have a card that for some reason I can't identify. It appears to be some sort of parallel, but it's not numbered and I can't find it in the Beckett price guide. It's a 2007 UD Masterpieces Phil Hughes, card #77. The difference is, it has a glossy surface instead of the normal "canvas" like feel that UD Masterpieces normally has. It has a white border, not "framed", not numbered, and the lettering is silver instead of the normal gold lettering. I have 5 of the normal issue version, so I know this one just doesn't match.
Any ideas? Could it be some sort of "first day issue" or maybe even an artist's proof? I couldn't find any other cards anywhere on line like this so I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Jacobystealshome is right. I have a Red Sox fan pack and a Yankees fan pack and both have these anomalous UD Masterpiece glossy reprints .... I'm assuming the whole pack is filled with the same reprint cards from several different products of UD. They say "Random assortment" but I don't think there was really anything random.
Assortment? Yes. Random? No. Interesting? Sure. If you are a completist, these exist and you need'em! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for the help guys, I would have never been able to find this and it had been bugging me. I knew I wasn't crazy! I'll be sure to post again if I find another stumper. Take care! - AK

(04-22-2013, 08:23 AM)AlexxKidd Wrote: Thanks for the help guys, I would have never been able to find this and it had been bugging me. I knew I wasn't crazy! I'll be sure to post again if I find another stumper. Take care! - AK
Don't be a stranger. So far you're averaging less than 1 post per year. I'm sure you can do better Smile
Let us know if you get any good cards!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sorry about that, I pretty much just use the site for the price guides. I didn't even see that there was a chat forum. I'm a very busy dude, but I'll make sure to stop in and post when I can. I do appreciate the help, thanks again. Have a good one.