`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MASSIVE PC MOJO — The Retail King Strikes Again! With Scan!

RE: MASSIVE PC MOJO — The Retail King Strikes Again! With Scan!
(04-17-2013, 12:39 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Always good to hit P.C. and that is a great hit (Barkley should at least become a quality NFL backup and a quality NFL backup always has the chance to become a star)

I picked one of these up as well and I'm hoping that at least one of the remaining boxes at the Target next to my office stays there and unmolested (store as a horrible problem with theft).

My big hit was a Geno Smith playmakers auto to 99.

I've been very happy with Press Pass lately in that they are giving one of the best ratios of getting high draft picks from what I've seen. Last year, I bought several blasters of regular Press Pass and Sportstown and only got one undrafted guy and several picked in the first three rounds.
Actually, Dave, your Geno hit was the reason I went ahead with the box ... I saw your thread a couple of days ago, then went into Target yesterday and saw them and was like, oh, these must be what he was talking about.

Even cooler was the fact that they had like seven or eight boxes, and I picked the exact one I wanted without knowing it.

They had these weird security devices on them, with little stretchy ropes on the top and bottom of the box.

They also had this special red and yellow security shrink wrap, so it seems like it would be pretty hard to tamper with them.

(Unless the employees and security were just completely clueless and/or indifferent ...)

I know mine was definitely not tampered with, LOL

As for Barkley, this is what I am hoping ... he goes really late in whatever round he is picked, like 25th and up, so that he goes to a good organization/team with a proven track record and stability.

I would LOVE to see him go to New England or Denver and sit and watch Brady or Manning for a couple of years.

Heck, I could even see a San Diego or Pittsburgh if Rivers or Roethlisberger reaches the point where they price themselves out or their teams just don't want to deal with them any more.

As much as I love USC, I was one of the only people in the world shouting from the mountaintops that I KNEW they were not going to be as good as everyone thought they were last year.

And I knew this in April of 2012 — how?

Two words: Matt Kalil.

With Kalil playing left tackle in 2011, Barkley was unstoppable ... only sacked seven times all season.

Compare his stats to the great Andrew Luck and you can make the argument who actually had the better season.

When Kalil said he was going pro in April, I was like, oh, man, they better find another left tackle ... which they didn't.

For comparison, Barkley was sacked five times in the 2012 Stanford game alone ... compared, as I said, to seven times all of 2011.

I think he'll be a solid pro and even a potential star in the right situation.

I could very easily see him becoming a Drew Brees type ... similar size, skills and leadership ability.

If he goes early in the first (doesn't sound like it) or early in the second (more likely) to one of these half a-- , dog s--t teams, he'll be like every other rookie they throw in there ... pounded into submission until he's labeled a bust like the rest of them.

Hoping that doesn't happen. Either way, this card is pretty special to me.

JESUS! What pulls! That would make my year...

(04-17-2013, 02:17 PM)perryra1968 Wrote: JESUS! What pulls! That would make my year...
Well, keep in mind, these are the best ones out of TONS of packs ... no one ever shows the boxes and boxes and boxes of duds, LOL.

But thank you, yes, I've been lucky.

Should have quit while I was ahead.

Needed orange balloons (?) for my son's basketball birthday party, and of course the grocery store didn't carry them but Target did.

So, I stood there and debated whether to get another box, and wish I would have quit after the Barkley.

Autos:

Shariff Floyd
Terrance Williams — second one in two boxes (Sensei, where are you? LOL)
Kenny Stills
Damontre Moore/99 — Also pulled his auto out of a SAGE blaster.

Of course, my underwhelming feelings about this box will change if any of these guys is drafted by the Lions and helps them win the Super Bowl, but ...

LOL