`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Some Good Stuff in Reduced Blasters & Rack Packs

Some Good Stuff in Reduced Blasters & Rack Packs
As many of you do, I like to hit the local Wal-Mart, Target, and Meijer stores to do some blaster box and rack pack buying. In many of these stores you can find loads of the new stuff (obviously) along with some blaster boxes that have been reduced due to being from previous years and the store just wants to get rid of them. I have found that they are usually from '08-'11. Although I did come cross a blaster box of 2007 Topps football that contained a special 3 pack of Red Hot Rookies in it. I paid 6 bucks for the box and pulled out Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson Red Hot Rookies. The Megatron was $8 and the Peterson was $12.
Personally, I like to get some of the older blasters and see what's in them. Provided, however, they aren't damaged or anything. Its always amazing to me how many of these boxes are on the shelves at a reduced price. I guess most just want the new stuff and pass on the ones form past years.
Another item that seems to get passed over are the ones I like to call "hodgepodge" boxes. You know the ones that contain 10 or so packs of mixed brands and years (I believe Chris Olds has opened a few of these on "Ripping Retail"). I have gotten some mighty fine pulls from them as well. For 20 bucks or so, I managed to buy one at the local wally world and got a Peyton Manning Ovation purple parallel and a CJ Spiller mem card. Both book at 20 dollars.
My girlfriend recently bought a blaster of 2011 Sage Hit and pulled two really nice Cam Newton RCs out of it. The Wal-Marts here are even starting to sell 2012 Topps Rack Packs/Fat Packs,hanger boxes, and blasters for cheap. Just the other day I bought a fat pack of 2012 Topps for $2.98 and got a 25 dollar Drew Brees SP! Pretty good pull from a 3 dollar pack. I also managed a Philip Rivers pink parallel and an Andrew Luck RC. Needless to say, I was a happy camper.
While I know everyone likes to buy the new stuff,its not a bad idea for both your wallet or your collection to go "old school" sometimes. Sometimes I think people avoid buying the reduced stuff because they think it won't yield anything worth their while. But don't sell these reduced priced products short. (No pun intended). Smile

RE: Some Good Stuff in Reduced Blasters & Rack Packs
I do better with the reduced stuff actually lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75