`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tax return and bonus check the same week...help me pick my first huge purchase

tax return and bonus check the same week...help me pick my first huge purchase
This week I should have roughly a grand to drop on my first big purchase. I'm leaning towards a lebron or jordan auto...opinions?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: tax return and bonus check the same week...help me pick my first huge purchase
If you have a grand to spend you could easily get a mj and lebron auto. Heck if you are patient you could prob get a kobe auto too!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: tax return and bonus check the same week...help me pick my first huge purchase
(04-14-2013, 10:08 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: If you have a grand to spend you could easily get a mj and lebron auto. Heck if you are patient you could prob get a kobe auto too!
IKR! I'm also just thinking of getting a really nice baseball/football cut signature
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

go with Lebron. I think they will hold their value better since he signed them during his basketball career.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

(04-14-2013, 10:13 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: IKR! I'm also just thinking of getting a really nice baseball/football cut signature
I looked at completed sales and it seems a nice Kobe can be had around $150, a nice Lebron at $250 and some of the MJs are selling for about $350-400 (the newer stuff in his UNC uni). So if you are patient, you can probably get all 3 autos for about 800-850! That is personally what I would do if I had a grand to spend Smile

[Image: Nick.jpg]

You could pick up a sweet old school MJ auto from when he played. A few can be had in the $700-$1000 range if that's what you're willing to spend.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Can't go wrong with those autos. I'm a fan of rookie cards... not sure what your collection looks like but you could go for MJ RC or some nice Lebron rookies as well.

An MJ Fleer or Star RC are both great buys and you could get a nice BGS 8.5 FLeer or something in the 6.5-7 range on the Star.

Kobe Chrome is another that is an awesome buy and you can likely get one of the autos you mentioned as well.

If you have those and are really into the autos the MJ college uni autos from the new All Time Greats are going pretty cheap (400ish). Kobe autos seem real low, especially with all the Panini's coming out.

I know nothing about Lebron and like it that way...not a fan but I would think his RC autos and Chrome RC would be wise investments.

If you are only going to get one and want it to hold value, then go with a Jordan auto he signed during his playing days. Lebron and Kobe autos are consistently getting cheaper because of how much more stuff they sign each year. Even newer Jordan autos having gotten down to the $300s, but his older stuff definitely holds value. After all Jordan only signed a very few number of cards during his playing career compared to Lebron who still has maybe another 10 years left and will continue to sign anything and everything Upper Deck puts in front of him. If you are going to go for a Lebron auto and you want some value then go with a rookie year auto or at least one in an NBA uniform instead of his high school uniform.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/