`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does anyone know what these are?

Does anyone know what these are?
My wife came home with a bargain box from Wal Mart tonight and inside was a pack produced by Upper Deck called Baseball Card Fan Pack of the Yankees. It is advertised as 25 random cards from various Upper Deck products. The cards are as strange as the packaging. The cards from UD Masterpieces, Futures Stars, SP Legendary Cuts, UD 2007 and UD 2008 but all the cards have the glossiness and thickness of the UD base set. Thus the most peculiar are the UD Masterpieces since it lacks the canvas texture. I searched the Beckett database but could not find anything, I have searched the internet but and came up with one article but did not offer any help. Any help is appreciated?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

RE: Does anyone know what these are?
You'll have to upload them to an image hosting site like photobucket or imageshack and post the links. The attachment feature doesn't really work.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I just picked up the same thing, plus a Red Sox fan pack, too. They are weird.
On the package, They say that there are a "random assortment of current players, rookies and legends from a variety of Upper Deck products!" Based on what you got in your pack, and what I got in mine, and what was in the Red Sox pack, it's not very random, it's probably reprints of cards that they randomly chose to reprint. They are all glossy, they are all a little thicker, the Masterpiece cards are glossy, not textured, the Legendary Cuts are foil stamped but not embossed ( I believe that the originals were, but I could be mistaken)
I think these were pumped out to capitalize on the Yanks/sox rivalry just prior / or after to their AL playoff series. Package is dated 2008.
Sox pack contained:
4 2007 legendary Cuts
7 2007 UD series 1
2 2007 Future Stars
6 2007 masterpieces
1 2007 Artifact
5 2008 UD series 1

Yanks pack contained
2 2007 legendary Cuts
12 2007 UD series 1
1 2007 Future Stars
6 2007 masterpieces
1 2007 Artifact
3 2008 UD series 1

Random, I think not!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have some of the Yankees Masterpieces. I would like to have the Red Sox too. They are not listed in the OPG. They are called Fan Pack cards. 2008 UD Masterpieces Fan Pack to be concise.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I have some as well of both the Yankees and Redsox and was wondering about if they were listed or not. What sucks is that I actually need a few I have for the true set but the glossy just wont cut it. Hehe.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]