`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream of the '90's: '96 Finest Series 1, (2) '99 Topps Stars & (2) '96 Circa

RE: Dream of the '90's: '96 Finest Series 1, (2) '99 Topps Stars & (2) '96 Circa
(04-11-2013, 06:45 PM)whiteelephants3443 Wrote: I'm not opposed to talking trade but I've found it difficult for a few reasons:

1) Many are unwilling to trade auto's for non-auto's completely ignoring the sell value factor. Seriously guys, the market is absolutely saturated with Auto/GU stuff, it's not special.
2) BV understates a TON of this '90s stuff.
3) I actually really like this '90's stuff and it's probably the closest thing I have to a specific collection interest. As an A's fan, having stashes of McGwire, Giambi, Chavez, Grieve, Tejada, Harden, Swisher et al has shown me that player collecting is not my cup of tea. Maybe it just comes with the mentality as an A's fan. But man, do I have one loaded Ben Grieve stash.

So, yes, willing to talk on anything (and welcome the talks) but if you have a stubborn approach to what you're willing to discuss you may as well just make me a $$ offer if you're interested.

Haha. Agree with you on the A's fan part... Definitely a factor. I just got back into things with the signing of Cespedes. I look at my 200 card collection of McGwire... almost all pre-'94, and I just shake my head... Same with my Giambi, Tejada, Hudson, Grieves, Crosby, Huston... The list goes on...

Nice breaks though. These were all the cards that I couldn't afford during the college days!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Dream of the '90's: '96 Finest Series 1, (2) '99 Topps Stars & (2) '96 Circa
Anyone have an opinion on the centering grade on that Jeter Refractor? Specifically Top-Bottom. Don't typically play in the graded card market but the pop report is pretty small on that card...does the centering knock it out of 9.5 territory overall?

you are making my itch to track down some random 90s boxes grow. been wanting to do this again since getting back into the hobby. since i stopped in 95 and didn't get back into it till about 3 1/2 years ago (? I think) I missed out on 96-99 which is now my favorite to look at/sift through.

picked up my first box of 97 finest this week!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I need the single star foil Jeter so if you want to trade or sell it please let me know?
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]