`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay, What's up with that?

RE: eBay, What's up with that?
I apologize for being a dick, I was only trying to lighten the mood. Glad you're doing better buddy.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(04-08-2013, 10:48 AM)cross4444 Wrote: Glad you're doing better buddy.
Thanks man!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

i gotta say, it was getting a little heated there for a moment. and i give nolan5000 a lot of credit to be able to step back and still even look at the comments that were flying around. proud of how you handled that and keep fighting!

(04-08-2013, 12:01 PM)kstjst Wrote: i gotta say, it was getting a little heated there for a moment. and i give nolan5000 a lot of credit to be able to step back and still even look at the comments that were flying around. proud of how you handled that and keep fighting!
Thanks man, I appreciate it!!

(04-08-2013, 12:01 PM)kstjst Wrote: i gotta say, it was getting a little heated there for a moment. and i give nolan5000 a lot of credit to be able to step back and still even look at the comments that were flying around. proud of how you handled that and keep fighting!
The reason it probably got so heated is that most of us know the crap Nolan has gone thru and going thru, and in order to survive that, he's proven himself to be a man! After this trade went south, he was acting like a brat, not the man he is expected to be. We called him out, he set himself right, and he's back to being a man! He's also a good religious man, and for him not to be able to see and forgive a mistake by some seller, well that was nearly .... Unforgivable.

If I become a whiny brat, I'd expect no less from the rest of you to set me straight. Thanks in advance Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-08-2013, 12:54 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The reason it probably got so heated is that most of us know the crap Nolan has gone thru and going thru, and in order to survive that, he's proven himself to be a man! After this trade went south, he was acting like a brat, not the man he is expected to be. We called him out, he set himself right, and he's back to being a man! He's also a good religious man, and for him not to be able to see and forgive a mistake by some seller, well that was nearly .... Unforgivable.

If I become a whiny brat, I'd expect no less from the rest of you to set me straight. Thanks in advance Smile
Boy, that was brutal to hear. I'm glad you think I'm a man again. Hey Mitch, maybe you should talk to my dad, b/c he's always telling me to grow up.
(04-08-2013, 10:48 AM)cross4444 Wrote: I apologize for being a dick, I was only trying to lighten the mood.
So sorry cross, that I missed this earlier. Of course, your apology is certainly Accepted!!

(04-08-2013, 02:47 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Boy, that was brutal to hear. I'm glad you think I'm a man again. Hey Mitch, maybe you should talk to my dad, b/c he's always telling me to grow up.
Sorry if it sounded brutal, but with what you've been through, it's the truth. It seemed out of character to act the way you were, IMO.

BTW: Growing Up and being a Man aren't the same thing. Alway be a man, but never grow up!
Never grow old ... keep collecting silly pictures of guys playing baseball on cardboard.
Tell your Dad that you'll never grow up, but that doesn't mean you're not a MAN!

Much to my wife's disappointment, I'm never growing up! Smile

Hey, Give a Listen to John Cougar Mellencamp's "Authority Song" ... and I quote ...
---------------------------------------------
So I call up my preacher
I say, "Give me strength for Round 5."
He said , "You don't need no strength, you need to grow up son."
I said, "Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying"
"and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."
-------------------------------------------
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-08-2013, 03:32 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Sorry if it sounded brutal, but with what you've been through, it's the truth. It seemed out of character to act the way you were, IMO.

BTW: Growing Up and being a Man aren't the same thing. Alway be a man, but never grow up!
Never grow old ... keep collecting silly pictures of guys playing baseball on cardboard.
Tell your Dad that you'll never grow up, but that doesn't mean you're not a MAN!

Much to my wife's disappointment, I'm never growing up! Smile

Hey, Give a Listen to John Cougar Mellencamp's "Authority Song" ... and I quote ...
---------------------------------------------
So I call up my preacher
I say, "Give me strength for Round 5."
He said , "You don't need no strength, you need to grow up son."
I said, "Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying"
"and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."
-------------------------------------------
Upss. Sorry I left something out. It was brutal, but I needed to hear it.

Thanks Again!!

(04-08-2013, 02:47 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Hey Mitch, maybe you should talk to my dad, b/c he's always telling me to grow up.
[Image: men-dont-grow-up-they-just-get-bigger.jpg]