`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1975 - 79 Hostess Variations

1975 - 79 Hostess Variations
With renewed interest in Hostess cards because of the recent bankruptcy, I've identified these variations. Print type refers to back of card.

IF YOU HAVE ANY TO ADD, I'D LIKE HEAR ABOUT IT. THANKS!

1975 Three card horizontal panel - black print
1975 Single card on Twinkie panel - black print
1975 Single card on Twinkie panel - brown print

1976 Three card horizontal panel - black print
1976 Three card horizontal panel - brown print (fFound w/ King Dons in the south)
1976 Three card non-horizontal panel - black print
1976 Single card on Twinkie panel - black print
1976 Single card on HoHo or Zinger panel (slightly smaller than Twinkie panels) - black print

1977 Three card horizontal panel - black print
1977 Single card Cupcake - smaller black print & black bar
1977 Single card Twinkie - black print
1977 Single card Twinkie 3 Pack or Suzy Q - black print
1977 Single card HoHo or Zinger panel - black print
1977 Single card Snowballs (maybe) panel with side flaps - black print

1978 Three card horizontal panel - black print

1979 Three card horizontal panel - black print
1979 Three card horizontal panel - brown print

Single Twinkie cards that have been cut down in size can usually be identified by grease stains but also by a full left border and the only side without printed cut lines.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: 1975 - 79 Hostess Variations
Interesting. I'd never heard of the brown lettering variations. All of my 79s have brown print, but I'm assuming that the browns must have been the more plentiful type that year.

RE: 1975 - 79 Hostess Variations
(02-21-2014, 05:30 PM)soup3102 Wrote: Interesting. I'd never heard of the brown lettering variations. All of my 79s have brown print, but I'm assuming that the browns must have been the more plentiful type that year.
I think it has a lot to do with region and product type. Most of my 1976's are brown print from King Dons purchased in Louisiana. The only black prints came, I'm pretty sure, from the few times I purchased Cupcakes. All the 79's I purchased with fresh boxes in Louisiana and Kentucky are black print. I purchased a near set of 79s a few years back that was about 1/3 brown and 2/3 black but no way to even trace where they originated.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos