`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Mistake by Topps in my mind

Huge Mistake by Topps in my mind
Was looking at the 2013 Topps Heritage Mariners cards and noticed that the Franklin Gutierrez card is actually a picture of Greg Halman. Now I know it is not the first time a different player has been placed on somebody elses card, but to be a player who had a great baseball future and lost his life in such a tragic way, that in my mind is a huge mistake and I feel Topps should do something to fix it.
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

RE: Huge Mistake by Topps in my mind
+1

someone should do an in memorium subset. kind of morbid, but also a good opportunity to recognize the fallen, and cover all eras.

Halman
Adenhart
Kile
Clemente
Munson
etc

They shouldn't be forgotten.

Here's a good list.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...6&c_id=mlb
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Agreed, I just picked up six cards from eBay

I think the most known error was 1987 donruss bonds/ray, can't think of anymore?

[Image: image_zps2332f5b8.jpg]
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

If he died in 2011 why would he show on a 2013 product.

(04-01-2013, 11:25 AM)dustin12368 Wrote: If he died in 2011 why would he show on a 2013 product.
It happens; has happened before.

They do look similar, but side-by-side it's easy to see the difference. Or if you just google-images each of them.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(04-01-2013, 02:04 AM)tate31nym Wrote: +1

Here's a good list.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...6&c_id=mlb
Thats a pretty long list, most have been automobile accidents, a few plane crashes and some diseases, and the olin crews boating accident. I wouldnt mind seeing a set with them.....
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

i agree that it is Halman-- i think they really to look a lot alike and I had to look at several pictures of each to see it.
(04-01-2013, 11:47 AM)tate31nym Wrote: It happens; has happened before.

They do look similar, but side-by-side it's easy to see the difference. Or if you just google-images each of them.
Their was a player with the cubs in the 60's--1966 topps I believe that should up on a card of a teammate 2 years after he died.

Updated with pic
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(04-01-2013, 08:29 AM)elberson Wrote: Agreed, I just picked up six cards from eBay

I think the most known error was 1987 donruss bonds/ray, can't think of anymore?

[Image: image_zps2332f5b8.jpg]
1987 Donruss Bruce Fields RC which pictured Darrell Cole.

[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

What about the Dick Ellsworth-Ken Hubbs?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!