`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OT ~ Sports and Chewing Tobacco (copenhagen w/me) ~ input Please

RE: OT ~ Sports and Chewing Tobacco (copenhagen w/me) ~ input Please
(03-16-2013, 09:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: we got one friend to quit my tying him to a chair for a week and feeding him twinkees and jolt
Must be generic *twinkies* lol

I did it for awhile in HS. Never enough to get hooked on THAT.
But I have been smoking cigs for like 19 years now Sad
Quitting is hard to do. So I give a lot of credit to those who have been able to quit.

(03-16-2013, 09:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: we got one friend to quit my tying him to a chair for a week and feeding him twinkees and jolt
Wow! I don't even do chaw but man that sounds like fun Tongue
I quit smoking back in 1986. I just up and quit, no drawbacks, just decided to quit and did. Of course I ended up drinking more, but then I decided to quit that also. I tried chaw once. I swallowed the juice and it made me sick, so that was the end of that. I have heard so many horror stories, not to mention a guy I knew in college lost all of his teeth due to oral cancer. Perhaps the worst thing about it is the spit cups, and how gross it is. It really is a disgusting habit, and I don't have a weak stomach, but when I see someone doing it it makes me ill. But on the flip side, I imagine it would have different health risks than smoking. I'd reccomend sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or maybe Big Chew (I dont even know if they sell that anymore).
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

Don't be forced to quit the hard way. My mom passed away at 54 years old from smoking. She had quit about a year before she was diagnosed but she had lung cancer for at least 10 years without knowing it. That means it started in her mid 40's. Her surgeon took all the family a side a told us that the type of cancer she had was completely hereditary. He made the statement " anyone with her genes, that smokes, WILL get cancer". So if that doesn't scare you to stop nothing will. Last September, I was diagnosed with a melanoma on my right cheek. I had it removed but it had already spread into my right eye. I have been getting small doses of radiation and chemo every Friday. Spending 3 and a half hours hooked up to a drip, and having your head baked form the inside out will give you all the incentive you need. Think about your future. Think about whats important. Be strong. Look at the people you love and imagine not being here anymore. That should convince yourself to do what you have to do.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

I quit smoking a few years ago after being a smoker for 18 years, tried quitting many times, but you actually have to WANT to quit for it to work, it is very difficult and urges are there for months. I don't really think chewing tobacco is a MAJOR problem in sports anymore and is being brought forth as a topic to be discussed often enough for kids to be swayed away.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(03-17-2013, 08:31 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Must be generic *twinkies* lol

I did it for awhile in HS. Never enough to get hooked on THAT.
But I have been smoking cigs for like 19 years now Sad
Quitting is hard to do. So I give a lot of credit to those who have been able to quit.
"jolt" should have been the giveaway that this was a while ago (lord...over 20 years ago)

/oldschool

I also started but I started in 7th grade. I hid it from my mom and dad until I was in 10th grade and if they knew they never lead on. I told them and then the nagging came to play. I told both my parents ( by this time my dad quit smoking for 6 years and my mom had quit for 3 years) why are you only picking on me My older brother smokes and you guys dont say a word to him. Its not fair! Then i proceeded to tell them in my Cope, Redman, and Skoal the only person I am hurting physically was me and my body not everyone i am around including strangers. I have never chewed or dipped around them or in front of them the whole time they were alive. I quit tobacco 2 years before my mom passed away then my wife and I were having marriage problems I went back when I was the happiest did want to lose it all. Well back on it for 7 years and it gets harder to quit every time you try. Now most MLB followed Nolan Ryans lead in the matter and not chewing or dipping on the field for they do not want the kids watching them do this and taking up the habit which I say props to all of them

I do plan on quitting again but not sure when i have done it since the 80s thats 4 decades
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

i USED to do it when i was in my late teens and very early 20's.. its a very nasty habit. I only did it at sporting events though.. softball mainly,but id even chew at the bowling alley and spit in a cup. Now i see how disgusting it is
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

thank you so much everyone . its good to hear other's opinions on this subject..i know roids and dope are more of a concern with the kids these days..it is sad seeing those issues with kids....mabye its more common out here on the West coast...MANY kids here use it still....really...their dads and uncles are loggers,Commercial fishermen, builders or whatever and chew...
and for the record I havent needed a spitoon since highschool if you catch my drift...just a garbage can when it comes out....been doing it awhile i guess and hate waste
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I would like to thank Monday Night Football!! Earl Campbell doing commercials for Skoal!! "Just a pinch between the cheek and gum!! Bahaha! Can you imagine that today!

Started with Redman, and have graduated to Kodiak!!! Bah!

I am on the West coast, too!
I would like to thank Monday Night Football!! Earl Campbell doing commercials for Skoal!! "Just a pinch between the cheek and gum!! Bahaha! Can you imagine that today!

Started with Redman, and have graduated to Kodiak!!! Bah!
I LIVE for "Soup Kitchens" with "Dirty Mike" and the boys!!! BAHAHAHA!!!!