`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slightly ot: apparently this is how we play basketball in my new home

slightly ot: apparently this is how we play basketball in my new home
...idk if I should laugh...cry...or just watch something else (leaning towards the third option). That never would've worked back in Indiana
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool...12805.html
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: slightly ot: apparently this is how we play basketball in my new home
Roll out the shot clock. I was thinking that while watching the state tournament games on tv this past weekend. Are we still trapped in the 40's for high school basketball?
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Coach should be summarily dismissed for calling that strategy.

That's a little ludacris having to stand there and wait for 7 minutes. I guess I didn't know that high school ball didn't have a shot clock.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

(03-13-2013, 11:17 AM)hof collector 15 Wrote: That's a little ludacris having to stand there and wait for 7 minutes. I guess I didn't know that high school ball didn't have a shot clock.
nope...back in Indiana there would have been blood spilled for it lol either the players would've gone postal or the fans would've started rioting lol

(03-13-2013, 08:17 AM)folkertino Wrote: Coach should be summarily dismissed for calling that strategy.
I disagree, the strategy while not popular easily could have been countered by the other coach. Essentially one team stayed in zone defense and did nothing to pressure the ball handler, so the team just decided to never shoot and hold the ball. The problem is that there is no shot clock in high-school which a game like this is what is usually needed to make a change, so it won't surprise me if in the next year or so we see a shot clock added to high-school games.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I agree with djohn, why didn't the other team pressure the ball? They just stood there looking like they were clueless as to what was going on. HORRIBLE coaching on the part of the coach of the team in white.

(03-13-2013, 11:59 AM)MRHARPER Wrote: I agree with djohn, why didn't the other team pressure the ball? They just stood there looking like they were clueless as to what was going on. HORRIBLE coaching on the part of the coach of the team in white.
+1. I couldnt watch the entire video! Nothing against the OP obviously but I got more frustrated with the team on defense than I did with the team just holding the ball. Unless there is some rule that says you can pressure the ball, I do not understand why they just stood there?!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(03-13-2013, 12:35 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: +1. I couldnt watch the entire video! Nothing against the OP obviously but I got more frustrated with the team on defense than I did with the team just holding the ball. Unless there is some rule that says you can pressure the ball, I do not understand why they just stood there?!
I'm frustrated with BOTH so dont worry lol. It's like...ok 1) you're stupid for holding the ball, thats not how we play the game but 2) other coach is more stupid for letting them hold the ball lol

(03-13-2013, 08:43 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I'm frustrated with BOTH so dont worry lol. It's like...ok 1) you're stupid for holding the ball, thats not how we play the game but 2) other coach is more stupid for letting them hold the ball lol
Yeah, I agree! I could see 1 minute, 2 minutes max. But 7.5 minutes of that garbage? I fully understand the strategy of holding the ball late in the game. But in the second quarter? Just no excuse for that on both sides of the ball. Why play the game if you are going to just stand there?

[Image: Nick.jpg]