`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Bay Question

The Bay Question
So I recently sold an item on a popular auction site. Well, I sold it last night. This morning, I noticed that next to that item, it says "eBay note: This user is no longer registered on eBay." Anyone ever have this happen to them? Just about every time I've tried to sell a more high profile card (over 100), I've been hit with non payers. I hate it but this is the first time I've seen this. Luckily for me, I was unhappy about the amount the card sold for, so I was hoping the buyer wouldn't pay. So how long do I wait before I can try to sell it elsewhere?
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

RE: The Bay Question
I think you can sell it now if they are no longer a member then its null and void IMO
Photobucket

Yup - Open up a NPB which will automatically be favored in your favor then relist the item.
Dont just relist without opening the claim. He may be no longer registered because he hasnt paid his bill yet and once he pays it he can come back and say where is my card.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Ya I wasn't planning on relisting it until I had closed that one out with a claim or something. Just thought it was interesting that someone would bid on my item, and then all of a sudden be unregistered.

i dont think you can open a non payer claim. since the buyer is no longer a member, there is no one to open a claim against.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

Well I went to the resolution center and said I wanted to cancel the transaction because the winning bidder was no longer registered. They closed it immediately and I will get that credit back. So that's good.

(03-12-2013, 10:32 AM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: I think you can sell it now if they are no longer a member then its null and void IMO
Right on.

I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

In the relisting - explain why it's relisted - maybe even tell who bought it. Just so yo don't get skeptics backing out of bidding.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

When you get a buyer who doesn't pay, you can also block them from bidding on any of your future items. Not really relevant in this case, but for future or past transactions that go bad. Go to the customer support tab in the top right corner, type in "block buyer" and it will provide you with a list that you can add user names to. You can take a user name off if you end up coming to an agreement, but at least this would prevent anyone that you don't want bidding if they aren't going to pay anyway.

(03-12-2013, 06:09 PM)kstjst Wrote: When you get a buyer who doesn't pay, you can also block them from bidding on any of your future items. Not really relevant in this case, but for future or past transactions that go bad. Go to the customer support tab in the top right corner, type in "block buyer" and it will provide you with a list that you can add user names to. You can take a user name off if you end up coming to an agreement, but at least this would prevent anyone that you don't want bidding if they aren't going to pay anyway.
I've had to block a few buyers before. I had a buyer that I swear was stalking me. He bought one of my cards at the buy it now price and then asked if he could pay with a money order. I told him no. He then said he'd try to get a friend to pay me with his credit card through paypal. I said I wasn't comfortable with that either. I then told him that I would hold the card if he wanted to send a money order but I would not send it to him until I had the money order and I had cashed it. He agreed...well I waited a week. I heard nothing from him. I sent a message. No reply. Sent a message the next day saying I was going to relist it if I didn't hear from him the next day. Next day I hear nothing. I send him a final message saying that I'm relisting. Next day he sends me a message saying that it was unfair of me to list and that he was caught in a snow storm and he had no way of heating his house or feeding his kids. Keep in mind that was the big storm that hit the east coast....however, the storm had started like that day....not back when he said he was going to send it. So I put this card back up but this time has an auction. Some lady buys it. Same story. She wants to send a money order. She says she doesn't have paypal etc. I tell her I won't accept anything other than paypal and I gave her a deadline. After a week, I message her and heard nothing. So I gave it to the next person via second chance. Since then, I've had to really tighten down who can bid on my stuff. I swear it's been the same person messing with me. It was crazy.
(03-12-2013, 05:51 PM)ugameck Wrote: In the relisting - explain why it's relisted - maybe even tell who bought it. Just so yo don't get skeptics backing out of bidding.
Good point. I'll do that now.