`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Spanish League (ACB) Panini cards

NEW Spanish League (ACB) Panini cards
When I was in the kiosk yesterday, to my surprise I saw a few collection albums for the new series of ACB cards, manufactured by Panini. After their obtaining the exclusive NBA deal I had hoped Panini would put out something more spectacular than the usual base-only sets and come with autos and GUs for the Spanish league as well... but no.
Broke ten packs yesterday (80 eurocents/pack - US$ 1.10/pack approx) to see what they're like and found not much special. I pulled both checklists and perhaps the biggest surprise (read disappointment) is that there is no Ricky Rubio card - or at least no base, the inserts aren't displayed with player names on the checklists .
Here's a scan of a few cards that shows Juan Carlos Navarro (former Memphis Grizzlies), Arvydas Sabonis (former Blazers) and Henk Norel (drafted by the Wolves in the 2009 draft):

[Image: acbp.jpg]

Also pulled cards of Reyshawn Terry (former Tar Heels), John Morton (former Cavs, Heat), Melvin Sanders (former S. Oklahoma, Spurs), Tyrone Ellis (former S. Nazarene Univ.), Jimmie Hunter (former Memphis Tigers), Chris Thomas (former Notre Dame) and Larry Lewis (former Harrisburg and Rapid City), Carl English ....
If you're looking for anyone of these or other Spanish players, let me know. All for trade

RE: NEW Spanish League (ACB) Panini cards
Is there a published checklist for the ACB cards? Do you find any of the following in the cards you have; Jaycee Caroll, Marques Whippy, Alex Jensen?

Wow, I saw this thread and thought my account had been hacked, lol! Thank you for reviving this thread and also for your email.

It's funny you should ask about these cards because I have just been looking for these cards with my local card dealer. Considering he's a complete slacker he couldn't find those cards anymore among his junk and he wasted my time this weekend.

All the cards I pulled I gave away a long time ago as I didn't have much interest in them back then except for the Rubio's and such.

I haven't found any checklists online - they used to be randomly inserted in the packs and I know I've got one lying around somewhere. Couldn't find it just now.

There are card sets for the seasons 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11.

Jaycee Carroll played in two of these seasons for Gran Canaria and knowing that the sets contain cards for all regular players of all teams, I trust he should have a card or two in there plus a team photo card as well. He may even have an insert.

Marques Whippy plays for Menorca in the LEB Gold league, which is like the second division basketball league. They don't have cards.

Alex Jensen played in Spain in 2002 and I don't think they did cards or stickers back then.

Through the Panini website (the main one, not Panini America) you can purchase singles from old sets, but they only show the card numbers, not the names of the players that the numbers correspond to so that makes it a bit difficult.

I am going to try and get some packs or boxes and will let you know. Is it Utah players in general you're after?

Thanks for the reply and great information. Are you aware of any websites that sell individual sports cards for Spain or other foreign basketball leagues. Seems so odd that I can't find single cards on any of the foreign eBay sites and Google searches turn up nothing. I can find people selling unopened packs and boxes, but not individual cards. I registered with the Panini web site and attempted to purchase cards, but I received an odd error message that said something like, "We can only sell cards in our own country". Any help you can give me to locations where I can purchase foreign sports cards (basketball, rugby, soccer, etc) would be much appreciated. Good day!

The two cards I am most interested in right now are;
- Liga ACB 2010-11 by Panini, Jaycee Carroll #187
- Liga ACB 2009-10 by Panini, Jaycee Carroll #196