`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: How does a player leaving a team affect your collecting?

RE: OT: How does a player leaving a team affect your collecting?
(03-11-2013, 05:28 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: I'll collect long tenured Vikings in other uniforms, Cris Carter in Eagles and Dolphins, John Randle in Seahawks, Jared Allen in Chiefs and Antoine Winfield in Bills, do you collect Brees in Chargers unis?
Sure do Smile
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I collect LSU players in any uniform. I also collect Saints players in Saints uniforms only, unless it's a rookie from another team cuz I'd have no choice. If a Saints player moves to another team I'd still collect his cards of him in a Saints uniform, which makes it easier then because I can catch up Tongue
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

Its kinda weird.... as soon as I decide to collect a "Player" he get cut or traded!

I Still collect Brandon Marshall... but at this point only have bought 2 cards of his in a bears uni....

Bottome line .... if theres a Phin on the card I buy it Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Thanks for replying guys! Smile As I said, I was curious to see some thoughts from other collectors... I like hearing differing thoughts on things I find interesting LOL

My search for the Packers 2010 Super Bowl team official autograph cards will probably net me a few non-Packers autos. Brandon Chillar's only autos came from when he was a rookie with the Rams, and the only Graham Harrell autos were when he was a rookie with the Browns (I think). Charles Woodson, I could try to get one of his cards from when he was a Raider, if I can't find one of him in a Packers uniform, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

y2hood/ duch2izback: You guys looking for base/parallel cards for the Saints/Brees? I've got a box of about 500 cards that I can enter into my org if you think you may be interested in any of them. Nothing high end, but if it helps you build up your PCs, I'd be up for helping you out!

As of right now I'd have to decline for a variety of reasons, but thank you Smile

Hobby instagram

No problem, y2hood, just figured I'd offer, just in case you would be interested in any of it. Can't hurt to ask, right? Smile

Your generosity is noted. To quote Beldar Conehead: When my people come to take over the Earth, you will be on the list of those to be saved.

Hobby instagram

I would continue to collect them regardless of team. However in football I mainly collect rookie year cards of former UF players, so a player like Harvin changing teams doesn't really affect my collection.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

My player just happens to be in a position to change teams right now. I will continue to collect him in Rams uniforms, but it depends on what team he goes to as to if I will continue after the Rams...
Steven Jackson Collection
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!