`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who loves sorting cards

RE: who loves sorting cards
(03-08-2013, 06:23 PM)chadomac Wrote: have to give it a listen what hours are you on and what is your on air name
Fred Zeppelin. Sundays 4pm-10pm EST.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Love sorting, very relaxing but love opening more! Problem I have is I sort then put them in the nearest available box at the time. I then can't remember where they are when I have to find them. Been using Org to get a grasp, but still have boxes all over the garage and on a sofa table in the dinning room. I'll buy a 5,000 count box once in awhile for $10 just to go through and sort and maybe find an unexpected rookie or serial #'d card someone forgot about. Hope to get there by the end of summer......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(03-09-2013, 03:14 PM)zeprock Wrote: Fred Zeppelin. Sundays 4pm-10pm EST.
lol great on air name
[Image: QcoDMBq.png]

I have a friend who sits and sorts cards for about 12 hours a day. She smokes like a fiend while she does it so I don't want any of her cards.......
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Well since I have not touched a card in 9 months I almost forgot what it's like but when I was back in the states I would sort card about 2 times a week for about 2 hours each day. Seeing how many cards I have though I will probably never finish.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I dont mind it when I dont have anything else to do. Once I get going sorting my cards it usually turns into an all day project.

(03-09-2013, 06:17 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Love sorting, very relaxing but love opening more! Problem I have is I sort then put them in the nearest available box at the time. I then can't remember where they are when I have to find them.
Exactly! Got the same prob... I open way more than I can ever hope to sort and organize.
ORG is helpful, but doesn't tell me where the card is .... And lately, it's been so slow .. I haven't been putting in my cards. I wonder why when you enter a card in ORG in doesn't defaultly enter it as having "1" instead of "0" .... That alone would help save me a ton of time.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-09-2013, 10:30 AM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Plus, at work, you can sort in the Yankees chair.
That's true, but then I'd need to get a Yankees desk, cause I'd be dropping cards all over the place ... But THAT IS a good excuse for more Yankee stuff.... Thanks! Smile

I need to get a hard copy of that A&G Mel Brooks card that jbel made for you! It's awesome!

Anyway, in the process of sorting 2013 Heritage right now ... Fun!
Cool!
So now I get it ... It's ZEP ROCK not ZE PROCK. I was mispronouncing your screen name in my head ... Sorry Smile it all makes sense now.
Dr Mitch J (not drm itch j) Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-10-2013, 08:15 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That's true, but then I'd need to get a Yankees desk, cause I'd be dropping cards all over the place ... But THAT IS a good excuse for more Yankee stuff.... Thanks! Smile

I need to get a hard copy of that A&G Mel Brooks card that jbel made for you! It's awesome!

Anyway, in the process of sorting 2013 Heritage right now ... Fun!

Cool!
So now I get it ... It's ZEP ROCK not ZE PROCK. I was mispronouncing your screen name in my head ... Sorry Smile it all makes sense now.
Dr Mitch J (not drm itch j) Smile
You can copy pic and print it. Also, I'm going to email Topps, at some point about getting him in Ginter.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Do you know Chris, the whirling dervish out of Portland Maine? Good friend of mine from college.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]