`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BASEBALL COLLECTORS: WHAT IS THE TRUE HOLY GRAIL!?!?

RE: BASEBALL COLLECTORS: WHAT IS THE TRUE HOLY GRAIL!?!?
(02-24-2013, 02:25 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: is that one yours by chance? cause if so I tip my hat to you that is sweeeeeeeet!
No, not mine. I wished that it was mine. Thanks, though.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I would have to say either a babe ruth or shoeless joe cut auto. getting something like that would be priceless to me.

1933 Goudey-any
1952 Mantle
1909 T-206 Wagner
oldest card ever.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(02-24-2013, 11:35 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: for baseball:

vintage: 52 topps mantle
modern: 89 ud griffey
+1 but the real holy grail is still the Wagner T206.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I didn't toss my opinions in, if we are talking personal holy grail by itself:

for obtainable:
the '71 topps aaron is my favorite card of all-time since I first started collecting my copy of it is beat up as can be (got it that way as part of a lot of baseball cards in a storage auction when i was 9 or so back when I use to go frequently with my parents) but still. only thing holding me back on grabbing one has been just ponying up the cash.

2008 bowman chrome jonny venters superfractor - I wish it would surface.

for the I probably will never obtain more than a 3.5-4 graded copy but I can still dream card: 1954 topps hank aaron... there is no card better in my mind. more valuable? rarer? sure there are plenty but that would be the top of the totem pole for me
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Not sure what exactly you mean by holy grail...as the definition is certainly subjective. Is the "Holy Grail" the most famous baseball card in history, a personal chase card that is completely out of reach or perhaps something else?

the t206 Honus Wagner, '52 Topps Mantle and UD Griffey are all certainly iconic cards that drive the industry forward. Their history, the stuff of legend. Their value, backed by countless stories of mystery and intrigue. Their importance to the hobby is second to none.

One could easily make arguments for other cards but these are the three that immediately come to mind for most collectors. With the '52 Mantle, as much as I hate to say it because I despise the Yankees, claiming the top spot.

Personally for me Im chasing a high grade '52 Topps Mays. That is my current "Holy Grail", if that is the intended definition.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

(02-24-2013, 04:55 PM)zeprock Wrote: +1 but the real holy grail is still the Wagner T206.
i actually agree with that. but i like the idea that a holy grail is obtainable at some point. the wagner isnt even really a baseball card at this point, but rather a trophy for rich people who dont collect

From a t-206 collector myself I have to say the Wagner
You can see my collection in my thread
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]