`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What case to buy

What case to buy
I have $700 available and want to get a case. I would prefer hv cards over sets of lv cards. I am looking at a 2013 Topps Series 1 Jumbo HTA case however. PC any Troy Tulowitzki or Colorado Rockies cards. Any ideas?

RE: What case to buy
I would buy singles
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

2005 Topps Rookie Cup....if you can find one...that has Tulo's rookie auto in it with tons of variations. But other than that I would do 2010, 2011 or 2012 Bowman Chrome, Bowman Jumbo or Bowman Draft. I dont think you can go wrong with any. Though the Bowman Jumbo may be too pricey.

I'd go with singles.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

2013 Series 1 is fairly new, so I would go after that if I was you. I bought 3 boxes and made my money back. Sold the jersey cards for a couple bucks each, the cy young and mvp cards for over $10 each, and the autos for at least $5(Did hit a Trout auto so that helped me a bunch). Then I sold the million dollar code cards as a lot for about $20. Sold all the inserts as a lot(chasing history, cut to the chase die cuts, gold, green, etc.). Also got a couple sp's which went for about $10 each. You can also sell the set, cause you'll be able to make it for sure(Not sure how much the sets are going for or if the prices of the other stuff dropped). So if you have the time to sort through the cards and scan them and list them for sale, I would go for series 1. I used to be into higher end products but not anymore. I bought a few triple threads boxes for $200 when they came out. Did good on some but some were terrible where I was only able to make like $15 back. It is, however, obviously easier to get a monster hit in a higher end product. High risk, high reward. So it's up to you, just my opinion on what I think is best.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs