Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1961 Roger Maris Card
Sad 
1961 Roger Maris Card
PSA serial number 20775710 1961 Topps Roger Maris Card was lost today in a shipping incident. The card, purchased by me on Ebay arrived today in a bubble mailer and the protective case was snapped in two during shipment and the case cut the card right through the middle of the card. It was NM-MT *8(OC) and now it is worthless shredder fodder. I was really looking forward to owning this card! Roger Maris is my all time favorite baseball player. I have another one of these that has corner damage and is not graded but the card that was lost was really a nice one!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1961 Roger Maris Card
ouch! sorry man. was it insured?
no org, please do not send trade requests

Oh wow that sucks. Can't imagine how that happened other than it went through the cancelling machine.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

That is tragic! Almost as tragic as knowing my dad had that card as a child and shredded it on his bike spokes. "You only put your favorites on your spokes"

So sorry Sad
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

wow, that really sucks. As someone stated above, I hope you had it insured.

Ebay will take care of you
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Oh man, that is painful. Sorry to hear about that. Hope you got insurance.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(02-02-2013, 10:17 PM)tate31nym Wrote: That is tragic! Almost as tragic as knowing my dad had that card as a child and shredded it on his bike spokes. "You only put your favorites on your spokes"

So sorry Sad
Ha! Yeah, sometimes I wish my father never told me some of the cards he had. When I was younger, about 20 years ago, my father took me to a card show and he remembered some of the cards he had. The one that stands out in my mind is that he pointed to a '58 Mantle and said that he remembered having a few of them. My grandmother tossed them all at some point when he wasn't home.

My dad still has a few of his, well abused, with his initials written on them. Gives them their own charm, for lack of value I guess.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile